Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 License Error (-4.132.0)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nate0225
479 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2014 License Error (-4.132.0)

I have been trying to open Revit on my computer for the past couple of days and continually getting the license error (-4.132.0) that shuts everything back down.  Attached is a capture of the log file as well as the file structure in my ADLM folder.  I have tried to open Revit on the other computer in the office with access to it and it opens fine with no errors.  Even after closing down the program on that machine and restarting my computer still receiving the same error.

Nathan Byle
Product Design Suite 2014
Product Design Suite 2015
Product Design Suite 2016
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: nate0225

-4 means you're out of licenses, chief.  You might verify on the NLM that there are licenses available.  Also look into the TIMEOUTALL option in the adskflex.opt file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
nate0225
in reply to: TravisNave

I have read many posts about -4 meaning out of licenses.  We only have 1 license, and the software is on 2 computers, so I verified that the software would open on the other computer, then closed it (which would release the license, and still I was unable to open Revit on my computer. 

Without any change 3 days after the problem started it went away, so I am still unsure of what was the problem or how to solve it if it happens again.

Nathan Byle
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

If the first computer closes, it may not be releasing the license.  Check the task manager and make sure Revit.exe is not still running.  If it is, kill it. 

You can always query the license manager to see if licenses are freed up or not.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
nate0225
in reply to: TravisNave

I see alot of posts about the license manager or NLM, but I do not see this application on my computer.  And being that our computers are locked down by IT I do not have an option to install anything.

Nathan Byle
Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

@nate0225 wrote:

I see alot of posts about the license manager or NLM, but I do not see this application on my computer.  And being that our computers are locked down by IT I do not have an option to install anything.

this is installed on server somewhere in your company

its possible to run the license manger on your computer without the need to install anything and checking the status inquiry

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

can you download any of  these:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report