I've installed Revit 2013 both from download and again today from thumb drive.
When starting Revit I get an error that the path for the default family templates is invalid.
Checking file locations it looking at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\Chinese.
I don't know why its looking for Chinese but anyway Family Templates is missing.
The folder \RVT 2013\ only has 2 folders in it, Recent & UserDataCache.
The corresponding folder in Revit 2012, has Family Templates, IES, Libraries & Templates, none of which are in my \RVT 2013\ folder.
I put in a support request to autodesk subscription last week but haven't had a reply.
Has anyone else seen this problem or know a solution.
Dell XPS17, Windows 7 64 bit.
Building Design Suite Premium 2013
It only worked for the US Metric content, I tried to load the Australian content but it failed every time so I just copied it from RAC2012.
1. Close all Autodesk software
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and features
3. Select <Revit product and version> from the list and click Uninstall/Change
4. From the resulting screen the very left button on the bottom will be "Add or Remove Features" Click this
5. The resulting screen will list the content packs that can be installed, please make sure both Australia and US Metric are selected and click Next.
(It is worth noting at this point that during the install process, Revit default to US as the region when accepting the Licence Agreement and this in turn effects the default content that will be installed.)
6. Start up <Revit product and version> and you should now have the families and templates installed.
If this does not work repeat the above steps again twice, the first time, untick all content and the second time ticking all the desired content back on again.
Sorry I should have added that this worked for me when installing from the Buildingt Design Suite Ultimate USB stick. I agree that adding the *.autodesk.com to the safe sites list should help if installing from a download.
i am also havin the same problem while installin revit 2013. the component library is not getting installed. i tried everything, it is just not workin. somebody please help...
Solving this problem is easy, just when installing Revit, in country choose United States, and not your country Then, all the templates and libraries will install! Good luck
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register