Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 installation problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sss2228
260 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2013 installation problem

Everytime I try installing revit 2013, I get an error message saying "Unable to set back ILDBIR environment variable". The image of the error message is attached to this post.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: sss2228

Revit 2013 is not supported on Windows 8.1.  You will need to install the 2015 version for best results. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: sss2228

Have you installed the .NET 2.0 and 3.0 Framework in Windows 8.1 yet?  They don't get installed unless you install them through Windows 8.1.  Here is a link to a post that walks you through that process.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Revit-and-Window-8-1/td-p/4828299

I am running 2012, 2013, 2014 and now 2015 on Windows 8 and 8.1 without issue.  Make sure you install all patches for each version once installed.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 4 of 4
sss2228
in reply to: Jason_S

Caddman13,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried the solution you gave me, unfortunately i still get the same error for the material libraries in Revit 2013. Is there another solution for this?
Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report