Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 installation .net

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
dorelharar
2250 Views, 15 Replies

Revit 2013 installation .net

Hi

I'm trying to install revit 2013 student, the installation cannot go on without .net Framework 4.0

I've installed .net Framework 4.5 full, but the installation doeswnt reconize .net and give me the same error...

Any idea how to solve this?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: dorelharar

.net 4.5 is not .net 4

uninstall .net 4.5  and install .net 4

what OS is this?

if its windows 8 its not supported

you can search here for workarounds for windows 8: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=windows+8

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
dorelharar

Hi i've install .Net Framework 4.0 full, still same thing, i've uninstall used the .Net clean tool re installed and still the installation does not recognize .NET framework.

i have windows 7 ultimate 32bit, if anyone can help i will appriciate it i dont know what else can i do...

Message 4 of 16

My recommendation would be to uninstall .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5, reboot, delete any files in the Windows temp folder and then try reinstalling .NET Framework 4.0 using the installer that is available within the Revit installation files.  Specificially, you should run the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe installer that is located in the following folder:
3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework

This should ensure that your system is configured with the version of .NET Framework 4.0 that is required for Autodesk Revit 2013.

Also, if you are going to install .NET Framework 4.5, you'll want to install Update Release 2 for Autodesk Revit 2013, which resolves a Ribbon display issue.  This update can be downloaded from the following page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20679039&linkID=16831210

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 5 of 16

1.gif

Hi Tony i"ve done what you told me still same error, is there anything else i can try?

could it be the OS( i've installed it two months ago, works fine so far)?

Thanks

Message 6 of 16

I made several attempts to reproduce the problem you've encountered but have been unsuccessful in doing so.  I would like to gather a bit more information that should help me troubleshoot this issue further.

1. What versions of .NET Framework do you currently have installed on your PC?  You can find this information in the Windows registry under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP key.  There you should find entries for v2.0.XXXXX, v3.0, v3.5 and v4.  For v2.0.XXXXX, v3.0 and v3.5, select each key and there should be a Version string value that contains the value I'm looking for.  For v4, you need to go one key deeper and select the Client and Full keys and then you'll find the Version string value.

2. A copy of the log file from your failed installation attempt.  To get a clean copy of this file, I recommend going to your Windows temp folder (type %temp% in Windows Explorer to access this location) and deleting any files and/or folders that already exist in this location.  Next, attempt to install Revit 2013 again, wait for it to fail and then exit the install.  You should now find an "Autodesk Revit 2013 Setup.log" file in the Windows temp folder.  Let's start with this file and see if it holds any clues.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 7 of 16

Hi Tony ,i checked the versions:

v2.0.50727 ---> Version 2.0.50727.4927
v3.0 ---> Version 3.0.30729.4926
v3.5 ---> Version 3.5.30729.4926
v4 ---> Version 4.0.30319

I was enable to get A copy of the log file from my failed installation attempt, it didn't produce one...

Message 8 of 16

Well, you have the same version of .NET Framework 4 as I do on my test PC so I don't believe that is the problem.  My next suggestion would be to  dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe installer, located in the 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework folder, and select the Reapir .NET Framework 4 from this computer option.  If this install completes successfully, I would then try the Revit 2013 install again and if it still fails, see if it generated a log file.  If you experience any problems during the repair of .NET Framework 4, I would check the Windows temp folder for a log file associated with this install.  There should be two files, one html and one txt, that both start with "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup..."

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 9 of 16

Iv'e repaired .Net through dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe installer ,it succeeded.

the revit installation gave me the same error and it didn't generate an installation log/txt file, maybe because i get the error just after i press install.

Message 10 of 16

I found another post that involves a .NET Framework version problem during the installation of another Autodesk product, DWG TrueView, and came up with a few more suggestions.

The first is to install update KB2468871for Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3556.  This update resolved the problem for several individuals so I'm hoping this may resolve your issue as well.

If not, the next suggestion would be to use the standalone installer for Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718.  It appears that this action resolved the problem for a small number of individuals.

My fingers are crossed in hopes that one of these suggestions works for you but if not, let me know and I'll continue my research.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 11 of 16

Tony First of all thank you for your time and help, i really appriciate it.

Unfurtuntly both of the updates did'nt worked - same error.

Message 12 of 16

No problem at all.  That's what we're here for.

I probably should have asked this earlier but did you try clicking the Update button in the System Update Required dialog that pops up?  If not, I would try this option and be aware that this process will require a reboot, which means you'll have to restart the Revit install after the system reboots.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 13 of 16

Yep i already tried it...same error...

Message 14 of 16

My next question is if you have run Windows Update recently.  If not, I would recommend doing so and installing any recommended updates.  If that does not resolve the problem, I'm going to look into a way to bypass the Microsoft .NET Framework checks that are part of the Autodesk Revit install.  This should allow you to get Revit installed but if there is an actual problem with one or more of your .NET Framework installs, Revit may not run properly.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 15 of 16
dorelharar

Hi Tony i've updated windows but i got the same error...

Message 16 of 16

I feared that the Windows Update would not resolve the .NET Framework install issue so I believe our best option is to modify the Revit install so that it does not check for this prerequisite.  I've attached a modified version of the Setup.ini file from an Autodesk Revit 2013 installation package.  To use this file, rename the existing Setup.ini file that resides in the top level folder and then copy the modified version to this location.  Next, you'll need to rename the new Setup.ini.txt file back to Setup.ini and then you can run setup.exe and hopefully you'll be able to proceed with the installation of Autodesk Revit 2013.

Please note that if the Revit installation is successful, there is a chance that Revit may not function properly if there is a problem with the .NET Framework install or configuration.  Hopefully this is not the case but it is a possibility.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report