Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Failed

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jilanadunaway
898 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2013 Failed

Hello. I am a student and trying to install Revit (the free student version). I have tried multiple times and two things have happened. The first several times the install hung at 3 of 6 installing then the last few times it stops after 4, says it has been installed with errors and the install of Revit 2013 has failed. I have made sure there is enough room on my computer, I have preformed updates and cleaned my computer and nothing seems to be helping. I also tried donloading from the browser as well as onto the computer. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: jilanadunaway

You need to provide the installation log. 

And the software did not hang, so if you aborted it, you probably made it worse.  Revit has to download addtional content from the Internet. Depending on your connection, this could take hours.  So make sure you have a good Internet connection.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
jilanadunaway
in reply to: TravisNave

I have a fast internet connection and I only aborted after 8 hours of leaving it to install the first itme. I was trying different things to make sure it wasn't something with my computer but I have no idea what I am doing.  I just tried this again and here is the installation log. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Error 1618 means that it thinks another installation is already in progress.  Aborting the install may have done this.  Have you tried a simple reboot?

Sometimes Revit can take over 8 hours to install. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
jilanadunaway

OK, I have re-started my computer and started the download over. It is not saying fail now it is still on Installing 3 of 6 and has been in this spot for about an hour.

Jilana

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Good. It might take awhile so repost any new installation log if you have problems. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
jilanadunaway

OK, it is still installing. Thank you for your help. How long is a good amount of time to leave it before deciding it's not doing anything? I left it for 8 hours last night. 

Message 8 of 11

At this point it has been 9.5 hours and nothing has happened. The installation is in the same spot. I will leave it overnight to see if anything else happens. If not I am not sure what to do next?

Message 9 of 11
emily.xu

I suggest you to check this solution, see if it's helpful for you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 10 of 11
jilanadunaway
in reply to: emily.xu

I left my computer for over 24 hours and nothing happened. I had abort and restart my computer. I tried to add the site to my Trusted sites and it will not allow me as it says it has to be a https:// site to be added to the list. Could this be the issue? I do not know how to change the settings?

Message 11 of 11
jilanadunaway
in reply to: emily.xu

It finally downloaded after installing Mozilla Foxfire and turning off all of my Anti-virus protection and Windows protection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report