Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Failed - Installation aborted, Result=1603

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Milos_Vajdic
24358 Views, 23 Replies

Revit 2013 Failed - Installation aborted, Result=1603

Hi guys,

I am trying to install Building Design premium Suite but the whole things fails during Revit Installation.

I have attached the log file but there is nothing in there that can specify why is this happening.

Tried uninstalling Microsoft C++ 64bit redistributible as some people mentioned that it worked for them since computer had higher version than the installer, thus creating problems.

This solution did not work for me.

Any idea?

Regards,

Milos

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Milos_Vajdic
in reply to: Milos_Vajdic

Ok Figured it out.

here is what worked for me:

- Uninstall Microsoft VisualC++ from computer (there might be few different upgrades, uninstall all)

- restart computer

- do not modify any settings in installation options (not sure if this one actually matters or was it the restart that made the difference this time)

Hope it helps other people,

Milos

Message 3 of 24

Hey there,

I tried uninstalling all the C++ and restarted the computer, then changed the installation settings. It didnt work. And when I did the same thing and left the settings unchanged, the installation worked!! So I think the main point is to NOT change the settings. Leave it as default.

Gerald.

Message 4 of 24

I had the same issue.

Gerald had it in one, DO NOT CUSTOMISE THE INSTALLATION!

After 3 failed installations (with customised settings), I retried without customising anything and it worked fine.

Very disappointing, I now have to try and reconfigure all of the additional content and missing programs...

Mark

Message 5 of 24

Hey,

I forgot to mention that while it works when installing with default settings, there is no content installed as well. This is stoopid. When I tried to install the contents through the remove/add installation thing it fails. So can anyone from Autodesk reconfirm this? Is this the software problem OR our hardware problem? Thank you.

Gerald.

Message 6 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: gerald.untario

Based on a few other Revit 2013 failures of late, I am also inclined to believe the failure has to do with the Content Libraries.  Since there is not a lot of information about this yet, I wil be closely monitoring Revit 2013 1603 failures. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 24

What content did you select to install?

Content will be downloaded during the installation process so make sure you have an internet connection during the install process. Also depending on your internet speed and the content you check to install this process can take some time.

What settings were you customizing originally when you install was failing?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 24

Hey,

I know it downloads the content using the internet and all, i've done it before for previous versions as well. I ticked Australia and US Metric and I didnt try other content. I am also guessing that it is the softwre problem because I formatted my computer (clean install and everything) prior to installing revit. It atcually worked for me at first, a few days after Revit 2013 was released, contents were installed and all. But When I wanted to install it on my other computer a few weeks later, this problem came up. I even tried it on my friend's computer (2 others) with the same error. So yea... hope this gets resolved soon!

Gerald.

Message 9 of 24

I have the same problem i think . Cant install Revit in building design suit.

1.st I tried to install evrething and changed some revit options and removed some content paks from list.(to save some memory because i have small ssd hard drive ) Failed to install.

2. Restarted computer and tryed again. Same configuration as early but agail failure

3. tryed to install seperatly started with Autocad. Autocad installed sucsessfuly.

4. Tryed to install only revit. Changed some revit options and removed some content paks from list.Failed to install again . Last try log is coped here:

I need help. What do to next?

2012/4/25:18:30:02    User    SMA-221    === Setup started on SMA-221 by User ===
2012/4/25:18:30:02    User    SMA-221    Launch
2012/4/25:18:30:08    User    SMA-221    === Setup ended ===

2012/4/25:18:30:03    User    SMA-221    === Setup started on SMA-221 by User ===
2012/4/25:18:30:03    User    SMA-221    Launch
2012/4/25:18:30:07    User    SMA-221    Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_3 SetupMode:1 InstallState:1 InstallAction:0 Message:
2012/4/25:18:30:07    User    SMA-221    PageOpen    LaunchDialog        
2012/4/25:18:30:12    User    SMA-221    PageOpen    LicenseDialog        
2012/4/25:18:30:17    User    SMA-221    PageOpen    ProductInfoDialog        
2012/4/25:18:32:54    User    SMA-221    PageOpen    ProductSelectionDialog2        
2012/4/25:18:46:31    User    SMA-221    PageOpen    FullProgressDialog        
2012/4/25:18:46:31    User    SMA-221    Installing DirectX® Runtime: F:\3rdParty\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe /silent
2012/4/25:18:47:00    User    SMA-221    Install    DirectX® Runtime    Succeeded    
2012/4/25:18:47:00    User    SMA-221    Installing FaroSDK: F:\3rdParty\FaroSDK\e889_faro_ls_sdk_4.8.2.25521_x86_setup.exe /VERYSILENT
2012/4/25:18:47:04    User    SMA-221    Install    FaroSDK    Succeeded    
2012/4/25:18:47:04    User    SMA-221    Installing Autodesk® Revit® 2013:  TRANSFORMS="F:\x64\en-us\RVT2013\RVT2013.mst;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI7E92.tmp\x64\RVT2013\RVT2013-standalone.mst" MSINEWINSTANCE=1 ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="F:\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2012/4/25:18:47:55    User    SMA-221    Install    Autodesk® Revit® 2013    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603
2012/4/25:18:47:55    User    SMA-221    Rollback    DirectX® Runtime    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1619

Message 10 of 24
markacronin

More Details...

The customization was including or removing other programs (including 3ds Max, removing AutoCAD Architecture, including Navisworks Simulate, Removing Inventor Plugins), and selection of content (Australia, New Zealand, UK and US Metric).

I too believe that it is related to the content, as if I try to add additional content now it still fails with that install too.

FYI I had the original installation set to Australia (Region) and the discipline set to Architecture, and I was getting the same error as above, failing on Revit every time.

Message 11 of 24

US Metric and UK content worked for me .

I think the problem is Australia or New Zealand content.

I think Austaralia content has the problem.  Unchek it end i think it will solve the problem.

If not try to unchek the new zealand.

Message 12 of 24

Hmmm...

I tried installing the content again, several times (after reboot, nothing running, AV disabled). Australia, New Zealand, UK and US Metric. Failed.

After reading the post again, retried with only UK and US Metric. It installed.

Retried with New Zealand, UK and US Metric. Failed.

Retried with Australia, UK and US Metric. It installed.

Finally retried with Australia, New Zealand, UK and US Metric. It installed?!!

Something to do with the sequence?

Any ideas?

Message 13 of 24

Maybe Australia and New Zealand installing together with some other content  gives the failure result. or somthing like that. I think it is in some content combination where it makes to failure.

your result  with:

"Finally retried with Australia, New Zealand, UK and US Metric. It installed?!!"

vierd that one time it installs and second time it does not.

Message 14 of 24

Thanks everyone for brining this issue to our attention.

We found some problems with some of the content on the servers and have corrected the problem. However there are mutliple servers hosting content so it may take a day or more for the changes to get replicated everywhere. So give the process some time and try installing or reinstalling your desired content again I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 24
markacronin
in reply to: DannyHubbard

"vierd that one time it installs and second time it does not"

Yes, very weird. Perhaps just down to the fact that each attempt was adding just one more content pack to the previous installation? Or maybe it was looking to different servers to download the content?

Thank you Autodesk for looking into it swiftly and hopefully resolving it!

Message 16 of 24
westroy

Good day!

I'm having this same problem, but the log file is different from yours. I, too, is to remove components of a "C +"?

See attach.

Message 17 of 24
theBIMsider
in reply to: westroy

Hello,

I'm also having this issue, have tried several times to reinstall an no luck.

To make a long story short I ran into some issues with my ACAD 2013 that was installed on my laptop while teaching a class, so I uninstalled it on Monday so I could do a clean install.

Well I’ve tried many times and each time I keep getting the same error and failed install (Result 1603).

I have attached my logs from the installs.

Does anyone know a way to get around this? I have another ACAD 2013 class on Monday (Oct. 19th) so I need to get this installed again.

I follows Autodesk specs for a clean install. I also uninstall all c++ and .Net installs that got updated after the original ACAD 2013 was install (this was a suggestion on the Autodesk forums). None of this has help?

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Autodesk Building Design Ultimate Suite

Message 18 of 24
theBIMsider
in reply to: theBIMsider

Was able to get this fixed, but took some work.

Well it wasn’t Format C, but almost.

I did the delete all the C++ stuff, and that wasn’t it.

I deleted al the .net stuff that wasn’t it.

I figured it was the Direct X, so I tried instill in before the ACAD install that didn’t work.

I tried opening another Autodesk CAD product (ACA, or AMEP) to set it to ACAD mode, that didn’t work and it turned out that the ACAD core was busted.

The final step was downloading a program called Revo that does hard core uninstalls. I uninstall all things to do with ACAD 2013, then did a complete reinstall in Diagnostic mode……and this worked.

It looked like there was an issue deep down in the ACAD core and along the way some of the deep system and registry files got corrupted somehow.

I may never really know what it was, but it all works now.

Message 19 of 24

I had the same error 1603. The problem I found was something completely different and specific to some other configurations that were running simultaneously. I would recommend running the installation once without silent mode (ie remove the /qb flag from the shortcut). This will actually give you a message when the installation hits the problem, and it's likely that that message will be in English...

Message 20 of 24
VikiBimDak

Hi all

The solution for me was a missing catalog: \AdminImage\x64\RAC2013\Program Files\Autodesk\Root\Program\Setup\Cache\sfCache\inifile.xml. I copied this from the CD to the deployment folder and that solved the problem.

But if you run the deployment as a silen install you will jiust have to start the install again after plasing the file where it expects to find it.

Regards.

Anond Viki

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report