Installation & Licensing

krn.vinaykumar
Message 21 of 40 (1,270 Views)

Re: Revit 2013 Communication Failure? Communication Faliure when executing?

07-14-2013 08:55 AM in reply to: ala1987

Sir, I am downloading autodesk rivit 2013 , by instal now method i am tried almost 10 times with all three method, but now I alomost downloaded 2.4GB out of 2.77 GB and now its showing 33366 days remaining to download , what to do? I have better internet connections ,

-Vinayak kumar

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 22 of 40 (1,252 Views)

07-15-2013 03:10 PM in reply to: krn.vinaykumar

Hello Vinayak!

In this case the easiest workaround would be to utilize a different delivery method, specifically browser download. 

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Philip Schmelzer
holwerda.inc
Message 23 of 40 (1,145 Views)

08-02-2013 01:21 PM in reply to: krn.vinaykumar

It is now August 2013. I am having this same issue installing Maya. It says there is a communication error. I tried to ask technical support and autodesk customer service but they are not responding, which is why I am here. I have rarely seen software with bugs of this severity languishing for this amount of time.

I find autodesk to lack real solutions and offer a lot of childish recommendations that are not fixing the problem for anyone. I was saving up to buy Maya after my student license, but this software is pushing me towards becoming a nonautodesk user. This is very depressing considering I need to use standard software for my education, and I need it to work properly.,

I am just here like a sitting duck because Autddesk is just leaving me here out in the open, with no support, and faulty software. Wish unitversities would snap out of using autodesk and consider other more reliable programs.

WHAT DO I DO NOW, this experience is lasting days and it is hell.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 24 of 40 (1,140 Views)

08-02-2013 02:14 PM in reply to: holwerda.inc

Apologies for the inconvenience Orlando.

As mentioned in previous posts, the communication failure errors are very tough to troubleshoot as they typically are related to machine specific settings / configurations.

With that being said, we typically advise simply using a different download method. Are you able to do so / have you already tried?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Please let me know how this works out!

Philip Schmelzer
holwerda.inc
Message 25 of 40 (1,136 Views)

08-02-2013 02:48 PM in reply to: philip.s
I believe that this is not a hardware issue, but a software reinstallation weakness originating from Autodesk.

I do not see how I can have hardware issues at the convenience of justifying a serious software reinstallation problem.

After restoring windows Maya, still failed to reinstall. Although it fails to reinstall, it still leaves large autodesk files laying around in various places. This is purely from careless development planning practices.

The issue is only disappointing, but the fact that there is no working solution to the problem from Autodesk is a problem.

I was so excited to persue classes in Maya at Santa Monica College, but now I am sad and confused about how to deal with the crippled Maya.

Im afraid to switch to 3ds of fear that it has the same bugs as Maya. Ugh. And the teacher wants us to use Maya.

Ill just install 3Ds, and when class starts Ill see if they have one on their computers, there goes my head start and having Maya at all on my computer then huh, fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone
holwerda.inc
Message 26 of 40 (1,130 Views)

08-02-2013 03:29 PM in reply to: krn.vinaykumar

Communication Failure Issue Solved - Windows 8

back up windows files

restore windows 8 at restore point

uninstall restored maya from control panel

reinstall maya using download now

note:

downlowd now did not work prior to windws restore

So happy to have my Maya baby back, I felt like I was going to crash and burn without it !!!!!

pszilard
Message 27 of 40 (1,090 Views)

08-10-2013 08:21 PM in reply to: holwerda.inc

This is my 1st post here, and I only joined because I had the same installation problem. I am an IT consultant and wanted to install Revit on a MacBook Pro under Parallels in a Win 7 environment for a client. I ran into the same problems as described in this thread.

What I then tried is to use IE 8, (later should be fine too) on Windows 7. I selected RUN instead of SAVE from the Autodesk download page and left IE open. It started the install, then Windows popped up a page asking for my permission to allow Akami through the firewall, to which I said yes.

This then progressed without the pesky error. I cancelled the final step when it said it needed over 8GB of space, and I am on an SSD with limited space. However it looked like it would have worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Paul

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 28 of 40 (1,077 Views)

08-12-2013 03:04 PM in reply to: pszilard

Welcome to the community Paul and thanks for sharing!

Philip Schmelzer
bmarkkanen
Message 29 of 40 (911 Views)

09-13-2013 08:04 AM in reply to: philip.s

IE seemed to solve issues I was having.  For whatever reason, I was getting communication errors with Firefox, wasting all sorts of time.  Using Explorer, things ramped right up.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 30 of 40 (906 Views)

09-13-2013 08:26 AM in reply to: bmarkkanen

Maybe a possibility that the internet settings varied from browser to browser? Regardless, thanks for passing that along to the community Bryan!

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube