Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 installation problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
me.toni
731 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2012 installation problem

Hello!  I download the student version of Revit from the Autodesk site but I still can't install it. The following error message appears during the installation: "Some files are corrup. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation." And a second message in red: "CRC failed in 3rdparty\directX\Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x64.cab Unexpectd end of archive." Please advise me what I should do in order to fix the error. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: me.toni

Hello Antonia and welcome to the forums!

CRC errors are typically resolved by switching browsers, turning off firewalls and antivirus software, and or utilizing a different download method.

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues or accept this as a solution if this fully resolves the issue.

Message 3 of 5
me.toni
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for the reply! I followed your advice and I downloaded it through another browser. This time I managed to go to the next steps and it seemed to work but at the end of that long process I got an error and the installation failed again. I have attached the error log.

Message 4 of 5
philip.s

This is most likely failing because the prerequisite already installed on the workstation is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer.  Because Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file.

A typical workaround is to uinstall the prerequisite (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008) via the Control Panel (add / remove programs), and then reinstall the software.

For additional 1603 error causes and corresponding solutions, click here.

Message 5 of 5
me.toni

Thank you very much for the help! I uninstalled all Microsoft Visuals C++ 2008 on my computer and after that I successfully installed Revit. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report