Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 fails to install after a clean wipe of Autodesk files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1498 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2012 fails to install after a clean wipe of Autodesk files

Hi there. I'm trying to help a friend install Revit 2012 on her laptop. After downloading the file, it starts the normal installation/file extraction with no errors. But after selecting which products to install (the actual Revit program, the materials library, and one other), the next screen starts to show the normal installation process and then immediately switches to an installation failed screen.

I performed the Autodesk file wipe (from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617) and tried again to no avail. Same error. Could it be I missed a file?

She's using Windows Vista, 32 bit. I'm not sure what the other specs are but I can update tomorrow along with screenshots. Thanks for any assistance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Include your installation log here and perhaps it will show why it is failing.  Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Attached is the log file and a screenshot of the failure page. My only clue might be something to do with Microsoft C++, whatever that is, because the installation fails when it says that is what is being installed.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

You would be correct.  Go into your Control Panel > Programs and delete your Visual C++ 2010 if it exists.  Then you should be able to reinstall as the Autodesk installer will reinstall the prerequisite.

ControlPanel.png

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks very much, problem solved!

Message 6 of 6
Andrewpaul

Hi,

Use the following procedure to uninstall Revit 2012 products and remove any remnants from your system. The end result is a clean system on which you can reinstall.

Note that all paths listed by default are for Revit Architecture 2012. Substitute the product name below based on the Revit 2012 product you are uninstalling:

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012/RAC 2012
Autodesk Revit Structure 2012/RST 2012
Autodesk Revit MEP 2012/RME 2012

Substitute the current Windows login name for %username%.

Please ensure to backup any custom family or template files

http://www.techyv.com/questions/error-revit-after-upgrading-2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report