Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Install failed

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
leothebuilder
6480 Views, 16 Replies

Revit 2012 Install failed

I have downloaded the Revit 2012 version twice and the installation failes each time at the same spot.

The installation prcedure gets stuck at item 17 out of 19 wich is when it wants to install Microsoft Visual C++2008

KB958314 (ATL) (x86)

A Windows Installer dialog box appears with the following:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD rom or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the Microsoft Visual C++2008x86 runtime 9.0.30729 disk and click ok."

Of course I don't have that disk, and the only option I have is to cancel which results in a failed installation.

Autodesk, what is the fix for this?

(windows 7 home premium 64 bit system)

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Sounds like you still got a bad download somehow, try downloading it one more time using a download manager like http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 17
david.lau
in reply to: DannyHubbard

You can also try using Firefox + Browser download to download it as well.

David Lau
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for those suggestions, I'll try and download again using either of those.

Message 5 of 17

I've tried downloading with Firefox, and the installation failes for the same reason.....

I guess this computer does not like Revit 2012

Message 6 of 17
L30n285
in reply to: leothebuilder

Same problem here.

Downloaded Revit Architecture 2012 Trial two times but the installation process stucks at 17 of 19

or at 2 of 6 😞

couldnt even cancel the installation process it only stops by using the windows task manager 😞

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 17
DannyHubbard
in reply to: L30n285

If you are not getting an error but the install just seems stuck or hung you are probably experincing the same issues as this post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Can-t-Install-Revit-MEP-2012/m-p/2988672#M32377

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 17
Nicole

We tried to download Revit 2012 last week and managed to get a file size of 3,156,807kb. Also tried this week (different user / computer). Again same file size (which does not match size listed on web site). Anyway we tried to do an install and of course it fails. However on the log file it only gets as far as the Microsoft  Visual C++ etc Failed!

And of course we can't order a DVD at this stage because it is not in the list yet! (can get 2011, 2012 not listed as an option!).

We tried both methods of download!

Is there another location in Autodesk we can download from?

Thank you Nic

Message 9 of 17
DannyHubbard
in reply to: Nicole

You might try installing the Visual C++ redistributables manually first then try installing Revit again.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 17

Installing those Microsoft files worked and Revit 2012 installed with the exception

of needing rdbg_exp.msi to be installed, which I did not have available.

After cancellingthte rdbg_exp.msi, the remainder of Revit 2012 installed fine.

Not sure what this file does, and so far does not seem to affect running Revit 2012.

Message 11 of 17
scottdurkee1
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Danny,

Really appreciate the Microsoft links. This helped us get further on one of our installs, but still having some issues. See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Revit-2012-Install-Fail/m-p/3024094/highlight/t...

Thank you,

Scott Durkee

Message 12 of 17
MaddCatter

I don't believe that a Coruptive Download is not the problem here.

I have installed the program on 2 computers. One we finally got to work after selecting the Tools to be installed.

Tried on the second and it didn't work, so that wasn't the fix.  

Don't know why it suddenly worked on the one ??? 

Still trying to narrow down the isue.

But Downloading the program from Autodesk isn't the fix.

Message 13 of 17

Yes, there seem to be installation files missing in the download program.

You'd think that A'desk would check this and rectify if/where needed

Message 14 of 17
sslol

hello I am new user. I hope to start work in Revit 2012 but i have problem with installation. 

I have downloaded free trial v from Autodesk.com and bouth time it tilt at 3/6 process. 

I have tried it on 2 computors 64 and 32 bit systems and it has same problem. It does not report any error even in task manager he is higlight as running, but he holds still forever ( I leave him onece over night). And also he fulfill my HDD ( in system temporoly files somehow he put 30+GB )

can  you help me to install and work in Revit 2012?

regards

Message 15 of 17
Illiniwek
in reply to: sslol

Just in case anyone still has this issue... I just ran into this problem on a machine.  The log file showed it hanging on Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) multiple times.  After chasing around the installers for this from Microsoft, I found that somehow this machine had a newer version installed than Revit was trying to install or looking for.  I uninstalled Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) from the machine, reran the Revit installer and it went sailing through that step.

Message 16 of 17
Sameer99

I have downloaded the Revit 2012 version and the installation failes each time at the same spot. The installation prcedure gets stuck at item 6 out of 19 it says insert Revit 2012 disc.. I tried a lot of time but same problem.. Plz help
Message 17 of 17
brynn_macdonald
in reply to: Sameer99

I too had this problem for days, and after many trials and tribulations FINALLY got it to work and it was pretty simple.

1st I uninstalled all of my C++ patch files in my windows "uninstall" window

- Restarted my computer

- google searched for revit 2012 download

-downloaded new file

-installed as admin

I no longer had an issue with Revit failed to install

After much reading one of the C++ files was newer than the revit install file so it couldn't read it. Hence why I just uninstalled all. (You can always reinstall them after)

Hope this helps since Auto Desk seemed to be NO help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report