Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Download Error

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
swein154
1865 Views, 17 Replies

Revit 2012 Download Error

I am trying to download the Revit 2012 Architecture program on my computer and after full install I get this message...

CRC failed in 3rdParty\DirectX\Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x64.cab
Unexpected end of archive

I have re-downloaded the software multiple times and restarted my computer and it still will not work.

Any solutions as to how I can fix this?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
swein154
in reply to: swein154

It also has an error message that says "Some installation files are corrupt.  Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

Message 3 of 18

Where are you trying to download it from? If you are using Subscription, you may want to read this: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download... Or you can try downloading it from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/revit-architecture/trial/ And use your serial number. You may want to download it to a different computer. Or just contact your reseller to get a copy of the disc. Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 4 of 18

dude none of these solutions work i have a clean machine with a AMD phenom 2x 4 945 processor , 8.0 GB RA,, AMD Radeon HD 6670 Ive had the program before! then it started to crash so i deleted the program and now i cant redownload whats wong here ??? please help thanks

Message 5 of 18

Hi leighton84:

Please check your inbox. I sent you a link where you can download Revoit Architecture 2012. Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 6 of 18
kball730

i'm having the same troubles. i just cannot seem to download the autodesk revit arch version.. did you find a solution that worked???

Message 7 of 18
philip.s
in reply to: kball730

Hi kball730,

What version are you trying to download / where are you downloading from. Please reply and we can provide a direct download.

Message 8 of 18
ccsimpson93
in reply to: philip.s

im having this same problem can some one please send me the correct downloading link?

Message 9 of 18
ccsimpson93
in reply to: ccsimpson93

for revit architecture 2012 plz

Message 10 of 18
philip.s
in reply to: ccsimpson93

Hi Cory,

Just send a link via Private Message, but where were you downloading from? Did you try switching browsers and or download methods (Install Now, Download Now, Browser Download)?

Message 11 of 18
bshreya.21

i hve been trying to download revit from the education community autodesk. its showing the same error.. what should i do?

Message 12 of 18
philip.s
in reply to: bshreya.21

Hello Shreya,

CRC errors are typically resolved by switching browsers, turning off the firewall and antivirus software, and or using an alternative download method.

Can you please try one of the above and let us know if you're able to resolve the issue?

Message 13 of 18
SafaMeral

I also have the same problem. Can you tell me if you find a solution?

Message 14 of 18
camilo.lemos
in reply to: SafaMeral

Hi @SafaMeral 

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned by Philip.S on the post above yours? Could you please try them and let us know how it goes?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 18
SafaMeral
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi @camilo.lemos !

Philip.S was telling the truth. The problem was solved. Thank you. 🙂

Message 16 of 18
SafaMeral
in reply to: SafaMeral

but I was download to Revit 2011. revit 2012 probably will be installed in the same way.
Message 17 of 18
sanrodrub

I am trying install Revit 2012 again and again and only appear this message:

CRC failed in 3rdParty\DirectX\Feb2006_XACT_x64.cab
Unexpected end of archive

¿What's wrong? Could you give me a solution.

Thank you so much

Message 18 of 18
philip.s
in reply to: sanrodrub

Hello @sanrodrub and welcome to the community.

As mentioned above, CRC errors are typically resolved by switching browsers, turning off the firewall and antivirus software, and/or using an alternative download method.

Have you tried any of those yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report