Installation & Licensing

Contributor
jdmacdaddy
Message 1 of 6 (2,381 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit 2011 Extensions - How to install passively?

2381 Views, 5 Replies
07-06-2010 02:30 PM

I am working on a VBS script to install Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 and want to include Revit Extensions at the end after Revit is installed. I can't figure out how to run "RevitextensionsRAC2011.exe" passively, or even silently. I've tried several switches (/s /quiet /qb), but haven't gotten it to work.

Does anyone have experience with getting the Extensions to install passively or silently?

Contributor
jdmacdaddy
Message 2 of 6 (2,362 Views)

Re: Revit 2011 Extensions - How to install passively?

07-08-2010 09:14 AM in reply to: jdmacdaddy

I figured out a way to install Extensions silently.

Since the package was created with Install Shield, I used the switch /r to create a setup.iss file. I then used the switches /s /SMS /f1 with the ISS file in order to install silently.

The following two sites have good information on the switches you can use for InstallShield packages:

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php

http://www.appdeploy.com/tips/detail.asp?id=18

sumeetsethi
Message 3 of 6 (2,240 Views)

08-05-2010 12:12 PM in reply to: jdmacdaddy

I am trying to do the same for Revit 2010 extension but setup.iss do not get generated. I have used setup.iss files in the past and I know that they work great but in these 2010 extensions  the file is not generated. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Product Support
david.lau
Message 4 of 6 (2,047 Views)

09-14-2010 09:32 AM in reply to: sumeetsethi

I have been doing some reseach on this issue as well.  I can confirm that it is a known issue and currently not supported.  You can check out this post as well.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Silent-install-of-Revit-extensions/m-p/2737577/...

David Lau
Active Contributor
DiazA
Message 5 of 6 (1,240 Views)

07-26-2011 02:33 PM in reply to: jdmacdaddy

Today I was looking for a way to silently install the Revit 2011 extensions and I found this old post. I was able to extract the content of the installation file (.EXE) files and create a response file (.ISS) for each of the Revit flavors. For anyone interested here are the steps:

1- Download and install Universal Extractor from http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

2- Right-click the Revit extension installation file and select "UniExtract to Subdir"

3- Select the first option "isxunpack extraction" then click OK. Don't worry if a corrupt file message shows in the DOS window. Don't press any key and wait for it to finish.

4- Now that you have all the extracted files on a computer where Revit 2011 products are already installed open a command prompt window, change directory to the extracted files

5- At the command prompt type in: setup.exe -r

6- Install the extension as you normally do

7- When finish go to C:\Windows and cut the "setup.iss" file and paste in the folder with the extracted files

8- Repeat steps 2 to 7 for the rest of the extensions

I am not sure if this applies to 2010 extensions. Hope this help others

Alex

nbrivera
Message 6 of 6 (1,174 Views)

08-08-2011 09:32 PM in reply to: DiazA

I extracted the package... and run the following command line:

\\PathToTheSetupFolder\setup.exe /quiet /norestart setup.ini

----

Edit:  For 2012 Version

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube