Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2011 - Architecture crashes as Splash Screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
timboC9
870 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2011 - Architecture crashes as Splash Screen

I have just downloaded and installed Revit 2011 Architecture. Installed no probs. On startup the splashcreen appears then dissapears and revit.exe closes.

I searched similar looking problems but the solutions are no longer valid as file locations are different etc. Running Win XP Pro - SP3, I eventually looked in the Event Viewer and found that each time I started the Revit.exe this error occurred. ".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3615 - Failed to CoCreate profiler." I searched that issue but couldn't find a solution that solved this problem.

Has anybody run into this problem? Help would be appreciated - thx.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: timboC9

try this: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/scripting-revit-2011-hang-at-splash-screen.html?utm...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
timboC9

Thx DarrenP

Have tried this. On this latest download those files do not exist, or at least in the places mentioned.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP

what files?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
timboC9

Ok my hair is gone but I got it going. In XP Pro Revit.exe needs to be run as Administrator. At least here it does. I tried this the other day but couldn't remember the password. So I changed the password today and voila Revit is working. Thx for replies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report