Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revil Structure 2011 64 bit Installation Problem followed by Further Corruption

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wendykrones7534
217 Views, 2 Replies

Revil Structure 2011 64 bit Installation Problem followed by Further Corruption

I am hoping someone in the community has had a similar experience, and can help with this.  First of all, this is only happening on 64 bit installations - 32 bit is fine. 
The problem is two-fold.  First, we go to install Revit Structure 2011 from a disc that we have.  We double click on setup.exe, and nothing happens.  The program will not install.  Now this is the really puzzling aftermath: after this occurrence we are only able to install *.msi files - no executables will install!  No drivers, no extensions, no programs, unless we can locate an msi installer!  At present, the only way we have found to fix this issue, is to re-image and rebuild the machine.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 
As far as future installs are concerned, I assume we should attempt to download a clean copy, unless anyone knows if the problem is more widespread.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-W. Krones

URS, Washington, DC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Probably a problem with the OS if a reimage fixes it. I've seen Windows protected mode block .exe files. Also GPO rules, UAC, and anti-virus programs. I've seen viruses also do the same. Maybe the .exe association was broken? There's all sorts of reasons.

It doesn't appear to be wide-spead, so it's isolated to your situation. If you want to research and come up with something, do post here. Perhaps others are also experiencing this, but nothing common so far.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Thanks.  FYI, there was no anti-virus running during the install. Also, I don't think the association is completely broken, because it is only setup.exe that won't work.  "zip". exe will function, for example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report