Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a License after Uninstall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
subclubsubclub
496 Views, 3 Replies

Returning a License after Uninstall

Hi there,

after uninstalling Maya 2014 SP1 to install SP2, i did recognized that i've forgotten to return the license to the server.

Is there any way to retun the borrowed license after the deinstallation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: subclubsubclub

Unfortuately, there isn't.  You will need to reinstall the software.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Or you can just let it expire, so long as you didn't borrow it for a lengthy amount of time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
dembkod

subclubsubclub,

When you “borrow” licenses it is recommended that you borrow for no more than the amount of time that you are willing to lose that license for. Users that borrow for months at a time are defeating the purpose of Network licensing. Hopefully your borrow period was not too steep. At the end of your period the license will automatically return to the pool.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report