Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail License Showing Up As Student After Install

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SamNeblett
234 Views, 1 Reply

Retail License Showing Up As Student After Install

Hello,

I was recently issued a retail copy of 3ds Max 2014 from my place of employment. I previously had the student version installed on my PC but I uninstalled it before installing the retail version. After installing 3ds Max 2014 and using the retail serial number, my 3ds Max 2014 is showing up as "STUDENT VERSION" in the title bar. When I go to the "About 3ds Max" tab, it does show my valid retail serial number. I am aware that the student serial numbers start with 900- and no, mine does not.

I've attempted to uninstall and install numerous time but it keeps showing up as the student version. I even went as far as uninstalling all of my Autodesk products, every Autodesk folder, and the registry entries as noted in: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

I have no idea what to do next. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DannyHubbard
in reply to: SamNeblett

Go back to the "About 3ds max" and choose the Activate button and active 3ds Max with your retail license, then close and restart 3ds max.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report