Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for Student Software?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oxygencube
496 Views, 3 Replies

Requirements for Student Software?

Dear Autodesk,

I used Maya at SCAD while earning my BFA in Animation (2007). At that time I used a student version of Maya. I would like to obtain access to Maya 2014 so that I can brush up my skills on the current version of Maya and update my portfolio. I have read that the requirements are that I would be a student or instructor to join the community and install the Student version of Autodesk software.  Must the course or program be degree or certificate granting? Animation Mentor says that that taking a class with them would give me access to the Student Community and software but they are not a degree or certificate granting program.  Can you point me to a list authorized or approved online classes?

If I were to enroll in a class at a degree granting university then download the software I would be within the requirements and could then use it for three (3) years correct? What if I drop the class or don't complete it? 

Basically, I am looking for the cheapest way to legaly get Student versions of your software for only personal / learning reasons.  I want to be 100% legal and would appreciate any help you can offer. 

Thanks so much! 

Drew

www.drew-fletcher.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ren.Torres
in reply to: oxygencube

Hello Drew!

You can visit the Education Community website to know more about student licenses.  To sign up for the program, this LINK should provide you with more details on how you can do so.

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,

Renamel Torres

Message 3 of 4
oxygencube
in reply to: Ren.Torres

Thanks for the quick reply. I have read over that information but still have the questions stated above. 

Thanks,

Drew

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: oxygencube

I might be able to help clarify Drew!

Must the course or program be degree or certificate granting?

In this case yes, the course or program must be degree or certificate granting, as dictated by the current eligibility requirements: an individual who is enrolled at a recognized degree-granting or certificate-granting educational institution for three (3) or more credit hours, or in a nine (9) month or longer certificate program, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of such enrollment.

Can you point me to a list authorized or approved online classes?

We do not have a list of approved online classes as they would simply need to aware to the above requirement.

What if I drop the class or don't complete it?

An individuals eligibility to continue accessing Education Community benefits (in this case free licenses) is also subject to the above condition which is not a one time stipulation, but rather would need to be maintained.

In case you haven't already, the Education Terms of Use is a great resource for site specifics.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report