Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request codes keep changing - Autocad 2008 & Windows 7x64

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lantec62
1376 Views, 2 Replies

Request codes keep changing - Autocad 2008 & Windows 7x64

I had no problems running Autocad 2008 on Windows 7 for almost 2 years then about 3 months ago I got an activation error and I was forced to call support to get an activation code. I believed at the time it was due to a new SSD I had installed but I just had it happen again yesterday and I've had no hardware changes. I went through chat to get new activation codes yesterday....all was fine and then this morning it happened again. Each time the code is different. The rep yesterday suggested compatibility mode so I set it to run in Vista compatibility mode but that didn't work.

I checked in my Windows Events logs and I do see a controller error Event ID 11 -source "atapi"  "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort8" and I wonder if it could be related.

Any help would be appreciated. It's going to let me run it for 7 days so hopefully I can figure this out before I get another set of activation codes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Lantec62

Message 3 of 3
Lantec62
in reply to: david.lau

You may be right....as my OS dirve, the SSD (OCZ Octane S2) kept giving me MBR errors when I first got it so I had relagated it to data storage only. My SSD was the only drive on the RAID controller. I ran the fix and then thought better of it and I have pulled the SSD for good.

I checked my Autocad installation and it is still using the same request code as earlier this morning. Is there a way to force it to update that code before I get with Adesk chat to reactivate?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report