Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling Older License

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CadManDrew
363 Views, 4 Replies

Reinstalling Older License

Howdy all...

Okay, here's the situation. We've had a subscription for (2) two licenses of AutoDesk software for years. One, for AutoCAD Architecture and the other AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite. The gentleman that used our second license retired a couple years ago, and rather than continue paying for (2) two license subscriptions, we decided to drop the subscription to AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

We've since hired someone that very rarely uses AutoCAD, but would like to have it installed on his new machine. So, I would like to install the previous user's license of AutoCAD. He does not want all of the options that come with AutoCAD Architecture 2010, but only the AutoCAD portion. Is there a way to do this? There is only one DVD with this package, where as, the AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite has a DVD dedicated specifically to AutoCAD.

I'm having trouble explaining it to AutoDesk support. Any help would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

Drew

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: CadManDrew

Yes, so long as your AutoCAD Architecture 2010 did not get upgraded to 2011 or 2012 under Subscription.  If the last available release was 2010 and is now off Subscription, you can continue to use your 2010.  Simply install the AutoCAD Architecture and license the product.  The new client can simply launch Vanilla AutoCAD as part of the suite if that is the preference.  You should still be able to activate the old 2010 license in this circumstance.  If it does not automatically activate, you can call for an activation code by calling 1-800-551-1490 > #1 English > #1 Stand-alone. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
CadManDrew
in reply to: TravisNave

TravisNave

Thanks for the response... I have done what you said, but can't find how to change AutoCAD Architecture to perform like a "vanilla" AutoCAD... I found workspaces, but gave me know other options... Any ideas?

Thanks

Drew

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: CadManDrew

You can find the Vanilla AutoCAD icon in the Autodesk group on the Start menu. Drag into on to the Desktop if you prefer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
CadManDrew
in reply to: TravisNave

I didn't find the vanilla AutoCAD icon in the Autodesk group on the Start menu. But I did find a solution that will work in this case..... Thanks for your help...

Drew

Setting Up AutoCAD Architecture to Act Like Standard AutoCAD

Many users who have AutoCAD Architecture 2011 would like to use it as AutoCAD 2011. However, the interface to AutoCAD Architecture is quite different from the standard AutoCAD interface. Still, underneath the AutoCAD Architecture menus and palettes lies the basic AutoCAD program.

If you have AutoCAD Architecture 2011, the following instructions show you how to set up a shortcut on your Windows Desktop to launch standard AutoCAD 2011:

1. To make a copy of the AutoCAD Architecture Windows Desktop shortcut, right-click the AutoCAD Architecture 2011 shortcut, and choose Copy.

2. Right-click a blank spot on the Desktop, and choose Paste.

3. Right-click the copy of the AutoCAD Architecture shortcut, and choose Properties.

4. In the Target text box, change the value to read as follows:

"C:\Program Files\ AutoCAD Architecture 2011\acad.exe" /t "acad.dwt" /p "Standard AutoCAD"

[Note that you should enter it as a single line. The /t is a command switch that tells AutoCAD to use a specific template file, which in this case is acad.dwt. The /p is a command switch that tells AutoCAD to use the Standard AutoCAD profile when starting AutoCAD. Note that the Standard AutoCAD profile doesn't exist. AutoCAD creates it when you attempt to start AutoCAD from the shortcut. Click Apply after you've made the change to the Target text box.]

5. Click the Change Icon button, and then click the Browse button in the Change Icon dialog box. From here you can select a different icon from the Change Icon dialog box.

6. Click OK to exit the Shortcut Properties dialog box. Then, right-click the shortcut copy again and choose Rename.

7. Rename the shortcut to AutoCAD 2011.

Double-click your new AutoCAD 2011 Desktop shortcut to start AutoCAD 2011. You'll see a warning message that the Standard AutoCAD profile doesn't exist and that AutoCAD will create it using the default AutoCAD settings. Once AutoCAD has started, the title bar will still show AutoCAD Architecture 2011, but the program will behave like standard AutoCAD 2011. You can still start the full version of AutoCAD Architecture from the original desktop shortcut icon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report