Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling 2009 Revit Architectural Suite

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rfrisch
243 Views, 1 Reply

Reinstalling 2009 Revit Architectural Suite

Several months ago my computer crashed and I had to have it reformated. I started re-installing all my programs. When I got to to reinstalling RAS, I couldn't get the usual go ahead to use it. I was told that it was because that it is not supported anymore being 2009. Why is that? Can't we still use a program (that you buy for several thousand dollars) even though it is not supported?

Thanks,

Ray

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: rfrisch

Depends on the context.

If it was 2009 under Subscription then the lease on that product has expired under normal Subscription upgrades.  For example, current Subscription for 2013 products will allow you to run licensed versions back to 2010.  Thus 2009 has expired.  In a few months, 2014 Subscription will expired 2010 products.  Once that happens, you can no longer activate the license on that product.  Only licenses that have not been upgraded or crossgraded (or under Subscription) maintain their last valid lease.  So if you only purchased 2009 and never upgraded it or it was the last update prior to lapse of Subscription, you can activate it.  Otherwise, it is expired.

If it is in the context of compatibility, 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 or Windows 8.  You would have to use Windows XP or Vista to run 2009 products, assuming it has not expired under Subscription.  

If it is in the context of filetype, the product is not backwards compatible.  So doing any work in later versions will not give you any advantage in running 2009 if you have already migrated to a newer version.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report