Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Error Code

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
terrythreadgill
1646 Views, 7 Replies

Registration Error Code

I have a 25 seat license but may have screwed up the registration and activation process. After getting about 12 of my computer lab computers registered and activated, I'm now getting an registration error code -157 424.0 Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Are you getting this on a network seat or a stand-alone activation? I was able to replicate this error by switching the program from network version to stand alone version. It asked for activation, then threw the -157 error that you got. Do you have a mismatch of network and stand-alone products or is this from a clone disk image?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

By any chance did you ghost these machines? If so, make sure to refer to the section in the Network Administrator's Guide on imaging machines. If it is just a few machines, you should be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling on those machines. Otherwise, you may be looking at reimaging using the technics in the NAG.
Joshua Coombs
Autodesk Product Support

Joshua Coombs
Global Technical Lead – AEC Civil
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 8

Yes, these machines have been ghosted. Will advise my IT staff.
Message 5 of 8
SMGordon
in reply to: TravisNave

I have the problem where I got a newer hand-me-down computer and instead of redoing my computer setup I just swapped my old HDD into my new computer (and new HDD into my old computer, which is now a spare).  Of course now neither computer will run AutoCAD or Inventor and gives error code 157.424.0.  However, I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling both but I still can't make either machine run the software.  Both are stand-alone. How do I alleviate this problem?

AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2011, International
O/S: Win 7 Pro x64

Message 6 of 8
wwieland
in reply to: terrythreadgill

I've tried to get the registration code for AutoCAD Civil 3D, 2011 several times. I keep ending up on the same page where it asks for my registration code. Why can't I find the code?   Bill

Message 7 of 8
SMGordon
in reply to: wwieland

Your problem has nothing to do with the one on this thread

Message 8 of 8
avto
in reply to: SMGordon

Hi ninjajedisaiyan,

You need to reactivate both products.

1.unisntall both Inventor and ACAD

2.open C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder

3.move adskflex_xxx_tsf.data files (there should be two files, that start adskflex_) to another folder

4.install Inventor

5.start Inventor.

If Inventor activation doesn’t go through automatically, get the request code and contact The Autodesk Registration and Authorization office (Mon-Fri) Email: authcodes@autodesk.com or by phone: 1-800-551-1490

6.repeat steps 4 and 5 for ACAD.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report