Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering mistake

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mr_Philh
409 Views, 3 Replies

Registering mistake

Hi all readers. Recently by mistake I registered a copy of my Autocad that I had loaded onto my laptop for out of the office use, having done so I relised my mistake and rectified this by re-installing it and left it un-registered. Problem solved I thought until I tried to export my licence from my work station, AutoCad will not let me do so now with the following message:

Export Request Failed

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.

Try again

Error reference:1

Im Guessing Autodesk now believes my registered copy is the one on the laptop.

What is the easiest way to rectify this situation anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Mr_Philh

No, in all reality that doesn't matter.  You will get a different error about too many activations if that were the case.  The invalid serial number is more of an issue with Subscription.  Either the product was upgraded or was under Subscription that had expired. 

If your product is still valid, then you can get a manual activation. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=22021115&linkID=9240617&siteID=123112

Thanks for using the forums.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Mr_Philh
in reply to: TravisNave

Another stupid mistake on my part, the link for the licence export I was trying to use must be from the earlier 2013 edition, problem solved in super fast time, Many thanks Travis.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Mr_Philh

You'd be surprised how common this is.  No problem.  Glad you got it sorted out.  Smiley Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report