Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding licensing of mudbox

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gg21
190 Views, 1 Reply

Regarding licensing of mudbox

hi

i am looking to download mudbox

i would like to know if i download mudbox student version and create my work and then buy a desktop subscription of mudbox to publish my work

is that legal?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: gg21

This is a common question and a very good one. 

Unfortunately, the answer is no.  The EULA is very specific in stating that the work done for educational work is strctly for instructional purposes only.  You cannot use any work produced in the educational version in the commercial version.  Even so, you absolutely do not want to do this anyway because the educational stamp will effectively poison commercial work and anyone viewing or sharing the work with you will also be poisoned as educational work.  You will, unfortunately, have to redo the work. However, at least you will know how to do it more efficiently.  🙂

It's always good to ask, because many have tried without checking first and are then faced with the greater problem of their entire work being lost to this issue.  Good luck!

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Education-Community-Licen...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report