Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant servers replace with single server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Carl-36
517 Views, 3 Replies

Redundant servers replace with single server

Hi @All,

in a larger corporate network with 40 clients using Autodesk products.
So far, the licenses have been distributed by redundant servers.
Since the machines are out of date, will to be converted to a single server.

What should I do?
Of course, new license server with new MAC address = new license request to Autodesk.
 Single server setup, with service, license file,  log file and options file.

But what about the clients - licpath.lic and/or environment variable?
Have I add at every Client the new server name, or is it possible automate this, if so how?
Is it necessary replace the licpath.lic at every Client, if  we give the new server the same name as before, the master of the redundant server name?

Greetings
Carl

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Carl-36

The single server setup is definitely recommended over the redundant option.  You will need a new license file set up for you, obviously.  Your question about the clients pointing to the master server will still work if your new server has the old master server name.  In that case, your machines will still look to the correct place for the NLM.  Otherwise, it's no big deal to create the system environment variable to correct any issues.  Worst case, AutoCAD will just ask you where the NLM is located. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Carl-36
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello Travis,

thanks for the feedback.

I think the licpath.lic would have to be already adapted?
Server Name (Computer-/Hostname, server host name) - can use it again, but what about MAC address (Ethernet address, host ID)?

But the licpath.lic is on the different clients in different memory locations ...
depending on the installtion of the different products ...

Therefore, the question of how you can automate this?

Greetings Carl

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Carl-36

The environment variable will override the LICPATH.LIC file.  So you could just export the environment variable from the registry and install it on all the clients.  Easy. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report