Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant License Servers SORT OF?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
644 Views, 2 Replies

Redundant License Servers SORT OF?

We are wishing to combine ALL of our Adesk software to access from a single pool of licenses. We have different subnets, as I understand it this makes Redundant License Server Model impossible, but I understand you can skirt around this by using ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable to specify multiple servers.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Question: New Autodesk Point Layout (APL) software is a plugin to AutoCAD MEP.  The quantity of APL that we have available is less then the number of AutoCAD MEP licenses we hold.

What issues would be face if we used the above system variable in this case?

Any other thoughts?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: mdhutchinson

i don't see a problem with the variable

autodesk point layout will only grab point layout licenses so if you run you run out your going to have to decide who needs to not use point  layout possibly through an options file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: mdhutchinson

mdhutchinson,

Hello. Entering a variable like this is normal. It will look to the first server, than the next in line. Make sure to preface each entry with @ and separate multiple entries with a semi-colon ;

Point Layout is a plugin and I would expect to only pull a license when you start the point Layout program. When you run out of license seats, this tool will not be able to pull a license and should alert you to having run out of licenses.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report