Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for small department

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
WILLIAMF
224 Views, 5 Replies

Recommendation for small department

Hi,

We have a 4 man group and are deciding on what license type to buy. All four of will run Invnetor 2012 suite full time.

Do we nedd to purchase 4 seats/ licenses as all stand alone or there a better option.I also don't quite understand what the mult- seat stand alone option is if that can be explained. I am also sure we don't need a network setup either.

Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: WILLIAMF

you need to buy 4 seats

A Multi-seat Stand-alone license supports a specific number of users, allowing you to install, register, and activate one or more Autodesk products on several computers using a single serial number.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
WILLIAMF
in reply to: DarrenP

That's what I thougt 4 seats. someone told we two, but thats only for use at home by the same person.

So stand alone means  1 license  on 1 computer

and

Multi seat stand alone means 1 licenense on multiple computers as long as the computer is used by the same person?

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

i'm not familiar with multi seat standalone license

i thought it was something else

i pulled the info from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270103

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

No, network license is one seat on multiple computers.  All multi-seat stand-alone licenses are is a single serial number (or group number) that is good for multiple seats.  So instead of having 4 separate stand-alone serial numbers, you have one serial number good for 4 activations.  Regardless of the terminology, stand-alone is one license per one computer.  So whether it is 4 one-seat or 1 four-seat, you can install and activate it on four computers. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
WILLIAMF

Thanks you explained that better than all  the Autodesk stuff I read.

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report