Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild computer using SATA RAID 1

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fynrdzynr
146 Views, 0 Replies

Rebuild computer using SATA RAID 1

Running XP SP2 and Acad 2002 standalone in Australia.
I have Acad2002 installed on PATA drive near 3 years old. Since installing Acad02 I've added 2x SATA drives in RAID 1. All data resides in extended partition on SATA.
First BSOD ever on this system last Thursday. CHKDSK fixed errors on C: & system ran OK until Christmas morning when "Unknown Hard Error" locked the system.
This morning I disconnected the PATA drive & installed XP on the primary SATA partition. I then reconnected the PATA drive, had to CHKDSK again but this time it found errors on all 3 partitions on that drive. I suspect it's failing so want to transfer everything onto the SATA drives asap.
What's the simplest way to get the license across?
Because the "new" system will boot from SATA, will PLU generate a different Machine ID?( I've also upgraded the video card since installing Acad2002)

Should have had 2 jobs finished before Christmas. I'm not game to work on them in case the drive fails completely. Now I'm wondering if I have to reauthorise, will Singapore not be on duty until after New Year! Just hoping there’s a simpler way.
Merv
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report