Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read EULA and still Confused?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Krazi
272 Views, 1 Reply

Read EULA and still Confused?

Is it okay to have AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 or 2008 installed on workstation as well as laptop for home use without the need of Portable License. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Can one have multiple versions of AutoCAD on the same computer? For Example 2002 & 2008

I have been told Acronis Backups wreck the AutoDesk Activation?

What is the correct method to setup a new computer for a user that has AutoDesk product already installed on his/hers current computer?

Thanks in adv for all whom take the time to assist. Edited by: krazi on May 12, 2010 2:15 PM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Krazi

Yes, you are allowed to have both. You can activate both your workstation and your laptop separately. To stay within compliance, you need to ensure that you only use one at a time. You are allowed multiple versions on one computer, but again, you should not run more instances than the total number of licenses that you own. Each product installs in its own separate folder, so if you have an older version installed, you can simply install the newer version and it will not affect the previous install. You shouldn't have any problems with this process. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report