Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installation problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
josephwu07
313 Views, 3 Replies

Re-installation problems

Hello all. 

Previously, I installed  a free 3-year student trial for Autodesk Inventor 2014 without a problem. When my dad re-installed my entire PC, Autodesk was erased. Now, whenever I try to re-download Inventor, it the installation will always fail. It never gives a specific error code. I strongly suspect it may something to do with the fact that I already got an Inventor licence (which I lost) from my previous Inventor download. Any help in this regard wuould be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: josephwu07

Hi josephwu07, 

Welcome to Auodesk Forum.

Please try to un-install or remove Inventor using Microsoft Fix-It utility (Win 7 / Win 8).

Else, please download new installer from our Virtual Agent :

• Select [Download Links] ---> Then select the product you wish to download.
  • Ensure you select installer with the right bitrate (32 or 64 bit).

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 4
Rtustin620
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi All,

I'm new to the site, a 64 year geezer, and computer dinosaur. Five years ago when I retired as City Architect (Philadelphia) my kids bought me AutoCAD LT 2008 to use on my laptop. The city had just started using it before I left so I had some training. I installed the program and life was good up until last year when my laptop got infected and I had to take it in to be cleaned. I brought them the disc and they were suppose to re-install my program but it didn't happen. When I tried, I was asked for my serial number and product code which I don't have. I called Autodesk main office and was given a serial # and was told to re-install online. But I still can't seam to complete this task. Can anyone help ?

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: Rtustin620

Hi @Rtustin620 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

When you say you can't complete the task what do you mean exactly? Were you able to activate using the provided licensing information? Did you run into an installation error? Further details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report