Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Installation Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andy.beckett123
658 Views, 5 Replies

Re-Installation Problems

I uninstalled Autodesk Inventor 2011 a while ago (I have Windows 7), and I have been trying to re-install it in the last couple of days.

I downloaded the zip files, used the Self-Ectracting archive, then got onto the installation wizard.

When I get to the "Select the Products to Install" page, Autodesk Inventor 2011, AutoCAD Mechanical 2011, Autodesk Vault (Client) and Autodesk Design Review 2011 are greyed-out and the boxes cannot be checked. I can only install Content Centre Libraries and Autodesk Material Library 2011 Medium Image Library.

Attached screenshot below.

Does anyone know how I can re-install Inventor 2011?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Your computer still thinks Inventor is installed. 

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

You should try the clean-uninstall first as you have Windows 7.  Please use the MSICUU2 at your own risk. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, TravisNave, I'll try your suggestions.

Message 4 of 6

OK, that fixed my original problem, but now I have another:

I get an error message halfway through installation:

Error 1402. Could not open key.

Full error message screenshot attached

Can anything be done?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6

Bump

Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report