Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT WON'T INSTALL

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
alex
36748 Views, 24 Replies

REVIT WON'T INSTALL

I SPENT MOST OF THE DAY TRYING TO INSTALL REVIT TO NO AVAIL.

IT HANGS UP AT PREPARING REVIT CONTENT.

I SCANNED THE WEB AND TRIED THE FIXES LIKE: DISABLE FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS, DEL ALL THE MS C++ FILES, INSTALL IN ADMINISTATOR MODE.

I READ WHERE YOU LET IT GO FOR UP TO 8 HOURS BUT NOW I AM AT 5 AND NOTHING SEEMS TO BE HAPPENING AND WILL LET IT GO OVERNIGHT TO BE SURE.

IF I CANCEL OUT OF THE HANG AND TRY TO REINSTALL IT SAYS INSTALLATION FAILED ERROR 1618 OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO THAT (FROM MEMORY) AND AN ON-LINE SOLUTION WAS TO DEL THE MS C++ FILES BUT THAT DID NOT WORK.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT.

THANKS, ALEX

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
b-theophel
in reply to: alex

Hi Alex, I am having a similar problem to yours. Could you tell me where to find the wps selection you are talking about? Will changing this setting interupt the installation and internet connection? Thanks

Message 22 of 25
Reviter2015
in reply to: TravisNave

PATIENCE being the keyword. I left my browser running overnight and in the morning... - yes it was ready to go! Be good if this could be emphasised when you're installing rather than Googling for further info. The actual 3.2GB download was super quick.

Message 23 of 25
devu21
in reply to: DannyHubbard

thanks for the advice. i had the same issue.i left my pc 4  nearly 5-6 hours.now it is okay:D:D:D

Message 24 of 25
pari2105

plz suggest some soln,

Message 25 of 25
dsaxon

I had the same problem, just added http://*.autodesk.com to the trusted sites and all was well.  Setting can be found in security settings in internet properties.  Just do a search and you will find it on your PC,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report