Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD 2010 Educational on AutoCAD 2010 professional?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
diffenda
248 Views, 3 Replies

RD 2010 Educational on AutoCAD 2010 professional?

I've installed the student version of Raster Design 2010 on a professional version of AutoCAD 2010 (both stand-alone); RD won't recognize the license -- "No license found". I suspect this is due to mixing educational and non-educational versions; can someone confirm?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: diffenda

This does not work.  You need to use the same license type.  Mixing educational and professional products is not recommended anyway.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
diffenda

Thanks for confirming that.

Now, a second question. I know it's my own fault for trying to install educational on top of professional; but, now that I've uninstalled the educational RD, AutoCAD is still branded as an "Educational version". I've tried rolling back the system to before the RD installation, but no dice. Is this something in the registry?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Yeah, you probably want to remove the licensing info from your C:\ProgramData\Flexnet folder and reactivate.  And if that doesn't work, you might also have to yank the ProductInformation.pit file and reinstall AutoCAD.  The educational version is poison.  But it is annoying by design to prevent fraud. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report