Installation & Licensing

Reply
*ariasc
Message 1 of 5 (230 Views)

R13 and TCP/IP

230 Views, 4 Replies
05-10-1999 10:35 AM
Hi there,

Anybody know if there is a TCP/IP version of the Sentinel Lock Software
that runs on NT 4.0? It doesn't make sense that we should be forced to
use IPX or NetBEUI.

Can we use the software-only lock manager in R14 to manage our R13
licenses?

Carlos.
*Vives, Elena
Message 2 of 5 (231 Views)

Re: R13 and TCP/IP

05-10-1999 01:43 PM in reply to: *ariasc
Dear Carlos,

R13:
The protocols the license manager can use are the NetBEUI Protocol with
the NetBIOS Interface ot the NWIlink IPX/SP Compatible Transport. If
multiple protocols are used on the network, one of these two protocols
should be set as the default protocol or be at the top of the protocol
list.

The Autodesk License Manager (ADLM) included in the R14 can not manage
R13 licenses.

Elena Vives
Network Product Support, US
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

ariasc@ntc.noranda.com wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Anybody know if there is a TCP/IP version of the Sentinel Lock Software
> that runs on NT 4.0? It doesn't make sense that we should be forced to
> use IPX or NetBEUI.
>
> Can we use the software-only lock manager in R14 to manage our R13
> licenses?
>
> Carlos.

--
*ariasc
Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

Re:

05-11-1999 07:09 AM in reply to: *ariasc
Hi again,

The latest version of the NetSentinel service for NT is on Rainbow's
website and allows us to use the TCP/IP protocol. Will AutoCad R13 use
the TCP/IP protocol to access the license server if TCP/IP is the only
protocol on the workstation? Or is AutoCad forced to use the older
protocols because it was hard-coded with older APIs?

Carlos.

Elena Vives wrote:
>
> Dear Carlos,
>
> R13:
> The protocols the license manager can use are the NetBEUI Protocol with
> the NetBIOS Interface ot the NWIlink IPX/SP Compatible Transport. If
> multiple protocols are used on the network, one of these two protocols
> should be set as the default protocol or be at the top of the protocol
> list.
>
> The Autodesk License Manager (ADLM) included in the R14 can not manage
> R13 licenses.
>
> Elena Vives
> Network Product Support, US
> WW Support & Services, Autodesk
> Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion
>
> ariasc@ntc.noranda.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Anybody know if there is a TCP/IP version of the Sentinel Lock Software
> > that runs on NT 4.0? It doesn't make sense that we should be forced to
> > use IPX or NetBEUI.
> >
> > Can we use the software-only lock manager in R14 to manage our R13
> > licenses?
> >
> > Carlos.
>
> --
*milana, jerry
Message 4 of 5 (230 Views)

Re:

05-26-1999 03:21 PM in reply to: *ariasc
Carlos,

I hear people have made AutoCAD 13 work with TCP/IP using Rainbow's new
driver. Autodesk has not tested this and does not support this configuration.

Jerry Milana,
Autodesk Product Support

ariasc@ntc.noranda.com wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> The latest version of the NetSentinel service for NT is on Rainbow's
> website and allows us to use the TCP/IP protocol. Will AutoCad R13 use
> the TCP/IP protocol to access the license server if TCP/IP is the only
> protocol on the workstation? Or is AutoCad forced to use the older
> protocols because it was hard-coded with older APIs?
>
> Carlos.
>
> Elena Vives wrote:
> >
> > Dear Carlos,
> >
> > R13:
> > The protocols the license manager can use are the NetBEUI Protocol with
> > the NetBIOS Interface ot the NWIlink IPX/SP Compatible Transport. If
> > multiple protocols are used on the network, one of these two protocols
> > should be set as the default protocol or be at the top of the protocol
> > list.
> >
> > The Autodesk License Manager (ADLM) included in the R14 can not manage
> > R13 licenses.
> >
> > Elena Vives
> > Network Product Support, US
> > WW Support & Services, Autodesk
> > Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion
> >
> > ariasc@ntc.noranda.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > Anybody know if there is a TCP/IP version of the Sentinel Lock Software
> > > that runs on NT 4.0? It doesn't make sense that we should be forced to
> > > use IPX or NetBEUI.
> > >
> > > Can we use the software-only lock manager in R14 to manage our R13
> > > licenses?
> > >
> > > Carlos.
> >
> > --
*Lee, Brian
Message 5 of 5 (230 Views)

Can AutoCAD 13 and AutoCAD 2000 licence managers coexist on Netware 4.11?

10-23-1999 05:09 PM in reply to: *ariasc
I have a customer upgrading to network licence of ACAD2000. Currently
they have a multi-user license of v13c4. Can the IPX version of the
ACAD2000 ADLM and the NSRVNI NLM for ACAD13 coexist to ease the
transition?

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube