Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Student/Faculty License

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ToastedRice
327 Views, 4 Replies

Question Regarding Student/Faculty License

Hello,

I am interested in buying a Student/Faculty permanent license from Studica.com one of the certified education resellers. On the Studica site, it informs me that I can only install once. I contacted Studica about this and they informed me that I could only install the product on a computer once. If I wanted to do a transfer, they told me "Autodesk will have to assist." 

I have a fairly old computer now, so I wanted to install the software on it now and then, in the future, transfer the license over to a new computer. I know Autodesk has a license transfer program.

My questions are:

1. Does this license transfer software work on the permanent Student Faculty license?

2. If/When I need to transfer the software to a different computer, what will the process be? I'm assuming from the Studica email that I cannot reuse the installation media and that it's a one time use. How would I get the installer afterwards? Can the installation media be used a second time?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ToastedRice

1. Yes
2. License Transfer Utility is installed with AutoCAD, use that. Licensing has nothing to do with installing AutoCAD, you can do that on a million PCs if you wanted it but with only one license you can only activate and use one of them at a time.
Message 3 of 5
philip.s

Hi Carmen!

Just wanted to add that you can in fact use the media to install the software as many times as you want. Additionally here's a link that details the License Transfer Utility process.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance!

Message 4 of 5
ToastedRice
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for the help, that cleared up my questions about the installer and the license transfers.

Message 5 of 5
philip.s

You're welcome Carmen!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report