Installation & Licensing

jeroen_re
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)
Accepted Solution

Qualifyning for a student licence

75 Views, 1 Replies
03-20-2014 04:03 AM

Currently I'm working a fulltime job at a company also using Autodesk product, but I don't have access to them myself.

I'm following a 2 year 4 hour a week college degree at a public college next to this job, for this degree I need to use Autocad to make the necessary drawings for my college projects.

I was wonder if I could apply for a student license for Autocad and install it on my company laptop so i can use is to make the drawings for my college project.

I've read the rules for the student license program but am not shore if this applies to my situation.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)

Re: Qualifyning for a student licence

03-20-2014 04:32 AM in reply to: jeroen_re

I don't see why not.

Be careful though and do not mix your student drawings in with your commercial work drawings.

Drawings created with or even touched by the EDU version will become "infected" (for lack of a better term) with a plot stamp identifying the drawing as an EDU version.

Now recently, Autodesk has removed the ability to detect or even plot the EDU stamp. But the drawing will still be infected and could show the plot stamp in older or future versions.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube