Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing used software

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bobbyfonts
313 Views, 3 Replies

Purchasing used software

Greetings. I recently attempted to purchase 3ds Max 10 from an eBay auction. The seller informed me that that software was "used". Would a purchase of preowned software be legitamate or would there be a licensing issue?

Thanks for any input.

Bobbyfonts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: bobbyfonts

this is illegal you can't buy used autodesk software

ebay is not an authorized dealer

find authorized dealer to buy autodesk software: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?id=1088201&siteID=123112

search this forum for many threads on this

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Darren is right.  If you purchased this, you would basically only be purchasing media.  The software itself will not activate and Autodesk will not activate that license for you.  People who do this are ripping you off and they should be reported to Autodesk License Compliance so that others do not get ripped off in the future:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=340446

Glad you checked.  Save your money and invest in a legitimate copy from a reseller provided in the link Darren gave.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
bobbyfonts

Thank you for your valuable input. Something seemed odd about the deal and, as much as I would love to own a newer version of 3ds Max,  I did not pull the trigger.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report