Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased PC, per 'elite' recommendation, Inventor STILL not loading

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Danielxz9
822 Views, 25 Replies

Purchased PC, per 'elite' recommendation, Inventor STILL not loading

Per my son's Instructors recommendation, we are trying to load Inventor. It has been a month since we started trying to load. First we tried Parallels on our mac. Autodesk said we needed more RAM. Last week, had phone support with Autodesk, who recommended we needed more RAM/ a new PC. So, we booted up our newly built PC. We are receiving the same error message now that we received on our Mac/Parrallel/Windows. "CRC failed in Setup\InventorUI.dll Unexpected end of archive"

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Danielxz9
in reply to: david.lau

I believe Radeon was one of the video cards the Autodesk help wrote on my 'mac notes' in our session last week. That is why we purchased it. Is that wrong?
Message 22 of 26
Danielxz9
in reply to: TravisNave

We used another web browser, per your suggestion, and it enabled our first complete download. (we also disabled the firewall) Now, our installation is failing. Thanks very much for your input!
Message 23 of 26
JDMather
in reply to: Danielxz9

I will make significant wager that your graphics card has nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing.

I have helped dozens of students install Inventor over the years.

Does your school have a Student IT Help Desk that can help download and install software?

What about the professor?

With Inventor 2014 - for the first time - I had a lot of trouble getting a good download from the student community.  (never had trouble with any previous release).  I suspect you never got a good download. Post screen shot showing the file sizes (two parts, 001 of 002 and 002 of 002).

I had so much trouble that I finally orderd a DVD.

I suspect that given your problem description thus far that if you attempted an install and it failed that you will need to follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions before attempting a re-install.  In my experience - if the install does not occure correclty on first attempt - then the clean unistall (including Registry edits) must be completed before attemting another install.

Follow the Autodesk Clean Install instructions including turning off UAC (I don't recall that being mentioned in this thread).

If you have trouble finding these instructions (clean uninstall/install) post back and I will follow the links to right and locate them for you.

Post screen shots of the download files (sizes) and the extracted install files folder (not the installed program just yet, hold off on that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 24 of 26
danielneuhaus

We have Inventor!

After booting up our new PC, the download failed: "1603 error". Then we disabled the firewall, both on the computer and through our internet provider. After that, we had a successful download. Then we tried an install which installed all parts but Inventor. Next we allowed 156 updates on Windows 7. And finally used Bing as our browser (instead of Google Chrome) to download. Success. After many many weeks of trying to acquire Inventor, I would say it is worth it. Our son is in his element watching the awesome tutorials and building his first water bottle.
Message 25 of 26
danielneuhaus

Thank you Autodesk community 🙂
Message 26 of 26
TravisNave
in reply to: danielneuhaus

Now you just need a 3D Printer so that he can print that water bottle and drink out of it!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report