Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Menu in Land Desktop 2006

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bizzy1981
355 Views, 2 Replies

Profile Menu in Land Desktop 2006

A company I worked for had licenses for autocad 2006 and 2004.  I don't remember how many but they I know some were stand alone and others were network license.  When the company closed one of the partners in the firm started his own company and purchased all office supplies, files, computers and software, this included the licenses for LDD.  He chose to have us work from home so I took one of the computers home with me.  It was working fine, but one day the system crashed and the hard drive had to be cleared and rebuilt.  The tech that did the work said they didn't do installs for programs other than the windows server program and the microsoft office programs.  So I reinstalled the program using one of the disks and one of the licenes that came with it.  When I installed it a message appeared telling me that it was a network license and that it could not be used as stand alone, but somehow allowed me to proceed.  I never reallized the profile menu was missing until recently because we had not had any projects that required it.  So I have been trying to find a way to make the profile menu reappear and cannot make it work.  Is this problem being cause by the license issue or is there some downloadble fix that autocad has?  I have tried unloading and reloading the cui file for civil design, unistalling and reinstalling the program and running repairs.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: bizzy1981

Can you reset AutoCAD?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html

For the older version, you will need to check out the TS (solutions) to see the location of the registry keys.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
bizzy1981
in reply to: bizzy1981

Autocad 2006 does not have that option and the links on the page did not help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report