Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product key failure

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
harry.wilson
1026 Views, 7 Replies

Product key failure

Hi all,

I'm getting nowhere with my installation at the moment. I've bought the 2014 Building Suite with Revit and due to not being able to share any files with anyone running an earlier version I've had to download an older version of Revit and try and install this.

My problem is when I come to enter in my serial number and product key it keeps telling me its wrong!

Now autodesk have told me twice now to use the same serial number and product key and it isnt working. I've responded to autodesk three times now telling them it doesnt work and they need to provide me with a product key that works and I imagine in a few hours I'll get another email telling me to use the same serial number and product key that I've already used!

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening or how I solve it?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: harry.wilson

Can you try a chat with someone on the Front Desk team?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/autodesk-business-center-requests-now-on-chat.htm...

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
dembkod
in reply to: harry.wilson

harry.wilson,

Hello. Product keys change from year to year, by one letter. The 2014 product Key will definitely not work in a 2013 product. You would need to rollback the letter. So, for instance, AUtocad 2014 is 001F1, but 2013 would be 001E1

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 8
harry.wilson
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks for the responses guys. Changing the key worked. Now I wonder why Autodesk couldn't have just told me that 3 days ago?

Your help has been gratefully appreciated.
Message 5 of 8

Hello Harry, how about when the download won`t take the product key that was sent with my serial number and this is new download, not renewal.
Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: zveta_asenova

Hello @zveta_asenova,

Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on your computer?

Which product and version are you trying to activate?

And if you could please confirm the product key you are trying to use that would also be very helpful.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
ZWBreco203
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica,

i am trying to install LT 2015 and it is telling me wrong product key. i am using product key 057G1.

Message 8 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: ZWBreco203

Hi @ZWBreco203,

Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on your machine? Sometimes old licensing gets pulled in to new activations. Also, typing in the product key often helps instead of copying and pasting it.

Also, I didn't find an AutoCAD LT registered under your email address. Are you sure you've got the correct product / version downloaded? It happens more often than you think Smiley Happy Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report