Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Fails to initilise exe after 100% download from student area

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
534 Views, 2 Replies

Product Fails to initilise exe after 100% download from student area

I have tried to download Revit 2011 / 3DS 2011 and Autocad 2011 at various times over the past couple of days and am getting the same issue, again and again. 

I am able to start the download, (parts 1 & 2 for max) which seem to complete perfectly to 100% download fine... after this point, nothing happens.  If i tick the box for 'open after download' I get a message to tell me that its an unregonised file type.

I have installed all the .net framework files as requested prior to download, and restarted several times....

I've never had this issue in previous years?  I have disabled windows firewall but it still doesnt seem to help.

Looking through my file structure, there is no autodesk file present, and as far as i can see no record of the download so assume it must be held in a temp buffer somewhere.

I am running windows vista ultimate x64 on a very new clean harddisk, with all current updates.

less than 30 days to finish my course... so please autodesk, help!

The process i am doing:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_detail_v3&product_id=10213

Click on 'download' a button below the system requirements link.

Note: i see talk of the download manager elsewhere on the above page but there is no download link for this? And cant find it as a seperate download on your site?

So assume it must be auto activated by clicking on the only 'download' button on the screen?

download completes, and there is a link visable which says 'open autocad2011 english 64bit'

on clicking this link i just get a pop up window telling me that '<long list of numbers and letters which matches download> is a file which was downloaded from teh internet. are you sure you want to open it?'

Click 'yes'

and i get the 'choose which program' screen pop up... as its an unrecognised file type...?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm waiting for somebody to answer you. I have the very same problem but with Invenor 2012 and Win XP pro SP3.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had to unzip the files in my Akamai/Cache folders and then run setup

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report