Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Std 2013 doesn't Intall Completely

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KimBruns
480 Views, 5 Replies

Product Design Suite Std 2013 doesn't Intall Completely

I already had AutoCAD 2013 on my machine before I have failed to completely install PDS Std.

I have tried to install this package on my machine 3 or 4 times now.  All that has been installed is Mudbox, Design Review, and Inventor.  I'm trying to get Mechanical Installed but it craps out each time.  The log file has a number "2" in it, that's all.  Am I supposed to go to the bathroom or what?

I have a Dell with a Xeon, 16gb Ram, Quadro 2000.

Please help!! How are you supposed to learn this stuff if you can't load it.

Geesh,

Kim

Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: KimBruns

It's because you already have AutoCAD installed and updated.  See my 1603 error link to resolve this.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2013-Suite-failed-installation-aborted-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
KimBruns
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, thanks for your quick and informative reply.  I really appreaciate it.  You've saved me a lot of time searching for answers.

I wonder, has Autodesk ever thought about informing individuals who UPGRADE their products that they will have to uninstall their product before they can install it and the other packages they upgraded.  My reseller never mentioned it.  Is it buried in the fine print that no one reads?  Do they realize that  uninstalling and reinstalling is not a simply process and can mess up the registry.  

Is this really the best method they could come up with?  This is the kind of stuff Autodesk needs to fix for good instead of coming up with new features.  Autodesk, take a one year sabbatical from the new stuff and fix stuff like this.

Thanks,

Kim

16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

It's certainly the best solution I could come up with after extensive
testing. I'm right there with you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for helping out Travis!!!

David Lau
Message 6 of 6
KimBruns

David, can something be done about these installation issues. 

It's hard enough and time consuming to learn new software, but when you add onto that install issues which can take hours and/or days, it gets frustrating and can quickly take the excitement of learning a new product disappointing and laborious.

I've been running AutoCAD 2013 and our management was gracious enough to invest in 2 seats of  PDS Standard.  My partner and I were really looking forward to this when we both had failed installs twice.  Then I decided to post this link and thankfully received a quick response from Travis. 

According to what I've read I have to uninstall  SP1.1 or all my Autodesk Products along with support folders and registry remnants (which I may do).  Then reinstall again.

I have SP1.1 installed but when I go to Control Panel:Programs and Features, it isn't there as a separate line item.  I can't uninstall it.

Is this really the best solution to installing new software, having to uninstall some or all of it first?

Thanks for an answer,

Kim.

16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report