Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the license allocation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with the license allocation

Hello Forum,

I have problems with the assignment of licenses when using project (LM_PROJECT) in the OPT file.

My configuration looks like this:

1.) Two Licensed Programs. PDSU and BDSU with 10 licenses each with a subscription package.
2.) In the OPT file the PDSU is accessible to everyone. The BDSU is only available for users there are assigned by Project option.

--- OPT ----
PROJECT INCLUDE 85788BDSADV_F ACAD_GA
MAX 10 85788BDSADV_F PROJECT ACAD_GA

So far this worked with the configuration. User A (Without LM_PROJECT) can start  AutoCAD. If he start ADC he gets No license, which is also OK so far. User B (with LM_PROJECT) can start ADC and AutoCAD.

If start User B ADC the licenses will deducted at BDSU, which is also OK. But when  the he start AutoCAD the License at PDSU will be deducted!

On this license assignment can i use only 10 AutoCAD licenses, the 11 user gets no more license. On self time can he start ADT and when the pool of BDSU is not yet exhausted.

Has anyone of you an idea how I can overcome my problem?

greeting

Wolfgang

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You've done an INCLUDE and a MAX 10 on your Building Design Suite.  Your 11th user will never be able to launch AutoCAD.  If you do not want Users B (in the project) to pull from Product Design Suite, then I would probably recommend a RESERVE of the full 10 on the Product Design Suite.  That will ensure that a license is checked out already to that user, so it shouldn't try to grab another.  You might get an Exceeded License (ignored) error in the debug log, but that is because it will try to reserve 10 for the entire suite.  It doesn't really though, so that's why the error is ignored. 

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report