Installation & Licensing

kevwyatt
Message 1 of 2 (248 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems with installing student version of 3dsmax 2014

248 Views, 1 Replies
02-14-2014 01:01 AM

http://puu.sh/6V5aA.jpg

Everytime I attempt to install, I either get a connection error or(when I swapped to the fully download and extracted version) I get this... I enter everything as I am supposed to at the initial start of the install and it instantly fails to install. Can't figure out what is wrong for the life of me. I also attached my install log.

Can't get past the micrsoft redist installing phase of the 3dsmax installer. It starts by installing 2005 x86, followed by the x64 version then for some reason the installer loops back to 2005 x86 and crashes. The log says I'm getting Errors 1619 and 1603.

Attached the file it kept spitting out. Would really like to get this installed as I would love to do work at home as well as at school. :catsad:

kevwyatt
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Problems with installing student version of 3dsmax 2014

02-14-2014 08:10 AM in reply to: kevwyatt

AH HA! I found a fix for it!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Reference for anyone else who happens to run into this problem. My pre-reqs were being a passive pain, pretty much just the 2005 redist packages but with this fix/workaround, I can just skip them by editing the .ini file as mentioned in the advanced solution! Yay. :cathappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube