Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to Activate Home Use Licence

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
norbert.frank
2549 Views, 7 Replies

Problems to Activate Home Use Licence

Dear everybody,

while trying to activate my ACAD2013 with Subscription on my Laptop for home and on-the-road-use, I failed again and again. Last step was a request for a new activation code, which I got a minute later. Still, AutoCAD says, the activation code is not correct. Should this one contain 16 blocks of 4 numbers or are the 14 blocks from the Mail enough.

I would really appreciate some quick help. Thanx in advance, Norbert

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Norbert and welcome to the forums!

The 14 blocks of 4 characters you received in the mail should be enough. Just make sure you click in the the last box that's actually filled with numbers and letters (the 14th box in your case) before clicking on activate or before advancing to the next step.

Can you let me know if this works for you?

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8

Hello Camilo, thanks for your quick help, but unfortunately, it didn't help?still the same error. Any other ideas?? best regards, Norbert Norbert Frank Gesch?ftsf?hrung General Management EventConcepter GmbH Lustheide 85 51427 Bergisch Gladbach tel. +49 (2204) 4757051 mobil: +49 (177) 3045169 norbert.frank@eventconcepter.de www.eventconcepter.de Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Norbert Frank Rechtsform: GmbH - Sitz der Gesellschaft: K?ln Handelsregisternummer: 76744, Amtsgericht K?ln
Message 4 of 8

Hi Norbert,

The activation code must match the serial number and request code for which it was generated. Your home use license will have a different serial number than your "original" license and the request code is specific to each computer. 

The e-mail you received from our activations department should mention the serial number and request code for which your activation code was issued. Could you go to the machine where you are trying to activate the product and make sure the request code matches what is on the email? Also, make sure you are using the serial number provided for your home use license.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 8

Dear AutoDesk Support,

as my problem CaseNo. 07997280 is still not solved, I'd appreciate your help asap.

For activating the home use license, I think I don't have enough information, as I was told that office licence and home use licence must not have the same serial number. In any communication about this item I can just find one.

Is there any way to solve this prblem directly via phone or online chat?

Please let me know what's the best way to find a solution finally.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Norbert Frank

Message 6 of 8

Hi Norbert,

I have not been able to find a home use request logged for you. Did you actually make the request for a home use license via the Subscription Center?

Apologies for the trouble you are going through to get this activated. 

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 8

Hi Camilo, yes, I think, I made a request for am home use license, however, here's a mail I got from Autodesk Custumer Support on 22nd of January 2013. To be honest, communication concerning this item was quite weird an already som weeks ago. Please guide me through this process asap… Please find my conctact below… Thanks, Norbert Mail Concern: Using a Home Use Licence Guten Tag Herr Frank, vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage. Seriennummer: XXX-XXXXXXXX Um Ihnen einen Aktivierungscode erstellen zu können, benötigen wir den Anforderungscode, der auf Ihrem Bildschirm nach Beginn des Autorisierungsprozesses erscheint. Der Anforderungscode ist eine zufallsgenerierte Serie von Ziffern und Buchstaben, die auf Ihrer Aktivierungsmaske während des Aktivierungsprozesses erscheint. Wenn Sie die Software zum ersten Mal aktivieren, haben Sie die Wahl zwischen zwei Optionen: „Produkt ausführen“ oder „Aktivieren“, bitte klicken Sie auf „Aktivieren“, um Ihren Anforderungscode zu sehen und um Ihre Seriennummer und den Produktschlüssel einzugeben. Der Produktschlüssel wird nur bei 2010 und höheren Versionen eingesetzt. Alternativ befolgen Sie bitte folgende Schritte: 1) Wählen Sie im Menü den Unterpunkt „Hilfe“ und klicken Sie auf „Über“ 2) Klicken Sie auf “Produktinformation” oben in der rechten Ecke. 3) Klicken Sie auf das Feld „Aktivierung“. 4) Auf dieser Seite werden Ihnen Produktname, Seriennummer und Anforderungscode angezeigt. Sollte es Ihnen nicht möglich sein den Anforderungscode ausfindig zu machen, bitten wir Sie Ihren Händler/ Distributor oder Ihren Autodesk Vertragsansprechpartner zu kontaktieren. Diese sind Ihnen gerne dabei behilflich Ihren aktuellen Anforderungscode zu lokalisieren. Auf unserer Website www.autodesk.de können Sie im Menüpunkt "Service und Support" einen autorisierten Autodesk Händler in Ihrer Nähe finden. Sie können den Status Ihrer Anfrage (Case) verändern, Anhänge hinzufügen oder weitere Informationen bereitstellen, indem Sie auf diese Email antworten. Bitte teilen Sie uns ebenfalls mit, falls Sie Ihr Feedback bezüglich der Bearbeitung Ihrer Anfrage mit uns teilen möchten. Wussten Sie, dass die Autodesk Experten nun in den Autodesk Disskussionsforen zur Installation und Lizensierung teilnehmen? Klicken Sie hier um das Forum zu besuchen und schnelle Antworten von Autodesk und den Community Experten zu erhalten. Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich an Autodesk gewandt haben. Mit freundlichem Gruβ Flordeliza M Caingcoy Global Customer Service & Operations Online Registration and Activation: https://registeronce.autodesk.com Help on Registration and Activation: http://www.autodesk.com/activationhelp Norbert Frank Geschäftsführung General Management EventConcepter GmbH Lustheide 85 51427 Bergisch Gladbach tel. +49 (2204) 4757051 mobil: +49 (177) 3045169 norbert.frank@eventconcepter.de www.eventconcepter.de Geschäftsführer: Norbert Frank Rechtsform: GmbH - Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln Handelsregisternummer: 76744, Amtsgericht Köln

Message 8 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: norbert.frank

Our apologies for the confusion Norbert.

To clarify, a new serial number will only be issued for a Home Use License if it's coming from a network license (on subscription). If one owns is a standalone license (and again is on subscription), which is applicable to you, then they would simply need to install and activate the software on their home machine using the same standalone serial number.

Typically this will result in an activation limit error as the license has already exceeded the activation count from the office installs, which again appears to be the case with you. As such, the typical course of action is to request an activation code from our License Assistance team.

With that being said and as you're already here, I can also provide you with the necessary activation code if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and request code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report