Installation & Licensing

feichtb
Message 1 of 6 (280 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems registering my AutoCAD and Revit

280 Views, 5 Replies
01-22-2014 10:08 AM

When I open my AutoCAD or Revit after downloading the programs, instead of promting me to enter in my registration code, the program asks if I want to open or save a RTEaseReAuthBeginReg.html file. If I close that and press the Activate button, the same file download page pops up. What can I do to fix this, or register the product another way? 

Thanks

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 6 (253 Views)

Re: Problems registering my AutoCAD and Revit

01-23-2014 08:27 AM in reply to: feichtb

Are you able to use a broswer download of the software?  

You will need to uninstall it and re-install it using the browser download of the software.

David Lau
feichtb
Message 3 of 6 (247 Views)

01-23-2014 11:07 AM in reply to: david.lau

I am trying to download the student edition. I do not have a subscription account so I cannot do browser download. 

Product Support
david.lau
Message 4 of 6 (246 Views)

01-23-2014 11:13 AM in reply to: feichtb
feichtb
Message 5 of 6 (237 Views)

01-23-2014 03:28 PM in reply to: david.lau

I did the instructions on the page. I was able to enter the serial number when downloading but when I opened AutoCAD for the first time it still wanted to open the same html file. 

feichtb
Message 6 of 6 (223 Views)

01-24-2014 08:13 AM in reply to: feichtb

Fixed the problem. I did not have internet explorer installed, only google chrome. I Installed internet explorer and made it a default browser, and I was able to open the programs.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube