Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing AutoCAD 2013 64-bit on windows 8.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sewellad
5151 Views, 3 Replies

Problems installing AutoCAD 2013 64-bit on windows 8.1

Hi everyone. 

I am trying to install AutoCad 2013 64-bit on my Windows 8.1 laptop for my Engineering and graphics desiign class. I signed up as a student and that is about as successful as I've been so far : (.

I tried to search for a solution before asking, but so far I have had no luck installing AutoCAD 2013 using the FAQs and searches becasue I cannot find anything addressing the exact problem I am having.

Long story short, When I try to install the 64-bit 2013 AutoCAD with any of the download methods I enter my product key and it takes me to the menu to select what items to install. On that list are AutoCAD 2013, Autodesk design review 2013, and Autodesk inventor fusion 2013. Just to the left of the check box for AutoCAD 2013 is a red circle with a line through it that says when I hover over it:

AutoCAD 2013 - English already installed. If you want to install the English language pack, you can install it from: C:\.......where that setup application is located.

The location is a link and when clicked brings me to that location and when run that application tells me AutoCAD 2013 is not installed.

I have gone through Autodesk's walkthrough for uninstalling and deleting files and tried a few times to start from scratch and re-downloading. The only things I didn't understand when doing it was the erasing of the TEMP files(ALL? or just ones associated with autodesk/cad), and the %username% steps because there isn't anything like that on my computer.

I can only imagine that I am missing something when erasing all traces of the program and reinstalling it.

Thanks for the time anyone takes to help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sewellad

Win 8.1 is not currently supported: there are known issues. No fix yet.
Message 3 of 4
sewellad

Ok. That's what I was afraid of because I was seeing 8/8.1 nowhere on the system requirements page.

I was finally able to find everything the uninstall instructions to erase all traces of auto desk before retrying, but got the same error.

Would I have a better chance of success with 2014 since it is the most recent version?
Message 4 of 4
pendean

Some users are also having trouble with 2014: if at all possible, it's best to roll back to Win8.0

There is something the Autodesk staff are experimenting with here: remove all installs of Visual C++ from your PC and try an install of 2013 and all it's updates (required for Win8) and see if that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report