Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Exporting License from Viz 2005 in Vista

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
358 Views, 2 Replies

Problems Exporting License from Viz 2005 in Vista

Hi to all,

I have Viz 2005 and moved it/the license a few months ago from my old windows xp PC to my new vista machine.

I have been having problems with the new machine so im sending it back, problem is I have gone to the portable license utility to export the license off the machine before I send the pc back and it says.....

Insufficient privileges to export the license, please log in as an administrator and try again..

Problem is my account does have administrator rights but it is not recognising them... I tried setting up a new user account with administrator rights again to see if that would work but get the same message...

Insufficient privileges to export the license, please log in as an administrator and try again..

Has anyone else encountered this problem with vista and Autodesk licenses..?

And does anyone know a way I can fix this/export my license file so I can send my computer back..?

Many Thanks in advance for you replies

BC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click the program and choose Run As Administrator. This should solve your Vista woes. Even as Administrator, you are not an Administrator on Vista. Very annoying.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

great just the info i was looking for, i will try it over the weekend....

Thankyou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report