Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with activation (error activation) error (400)

260 REPLIES 260
SOLVED
Message 1 of 261
p3pis89
59485 Views, 260 Replies

Problem with activation (error activation) error (400)

Hello
I have a problem with activation autodesk Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 64-bit 

the problem is that:

When I clicked on "Activate" and next "Continue" the next screen was "Processing Error"

problem.jpg

"

Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems.

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days.

"

I have a student license

260 REPLIES 260
Message 21 of 261
philip.s
in reply to: theo.escamez

Hi theo.escamez,

Please always first post in the forums prior to sending a Private Message. Have you contacted our Registration and Activation team?

Message 22 of 261
leila.teteausurel
in reply to: p3pis89

Hi! 

I have the same problem than the others...I can't activate my student version.

Can you help me with the manual activation please ?

Message 23 of 261

H leila.teteausurel,

Sure, we will activate the License for you.

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and Request Codes.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 24 of 261
jmlfin

I'm having the same exact problem with Autodesk 3ds Max 2012. Should I send a private message as well?

Message 25 of 261
celine.manca
in reply to: jmlfin

Hi jmlfin,

Welcome to the Discussion Groups ! Smiley Wink

Yes, can you send me your serial number in private message?

Thank you

Celine Manca
Message 26 of 261
pjachu

Hello,

I am unable to unable to activate my AutoCAD Civil3D 2012 64bit student licence - error 400 appears.

Could anyone help me with the activation? Thank you in advance.

Message 27 of 261
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: pjachu

Hi pjachu:

Error 400s are typically associated with an invalid request code and can be resolved with a manual activation code.

Please send me your serial number through private message (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) together with your request code.

In order to generate an activation code we will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation procedure. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program

2. Pull down menu 'Help'

3. Click on 'About'

4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button

6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code 

For future reference, you can contact our Registration and Activation directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 28 of 261
s0538039
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hello, I've got exact the same problem, the steps above doesn't help, because the mistake exists furthermore!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Message 29 of 261
philip.s
in reply to: s0538039

Hi Björn,

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code or contact our Registration and Activation group for troubleshooting assistance.

Message 30 of 261
s0538039
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, I will send you a private message in the afternoon/evening, when I am at home.

Best regards

Message 31 of 261
lukasz.cyran

Hello,

When I try to activate the AutoCAD 2013 I got the exact same 400 error. I have student license too. Can you help me with activation?

Message 32 of 261

Hi lukasz.cyran:

For activation issue, please contact our Registration and Activation Team for assistance. Please make sure to provide the following information:

Serial Number:

Product Name:

Product Version:

Request Code:

For steps on to retrieve your request code, please click here.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 33 of 261

Hi,

I have the same problem as all of  these people the difference is that I had downloaded Autocad 2012 64 bit version and also I have a student license.

Please help me!,

Migue 

Message 34 of 261

Hi Migue,

Welcome to our forum.

I'll help you get an activation code. I need you to send me your serial number and request code by Private Message. To do so, please click on my profile name (simona.golisciano) and then "Send this user a private message".

Simona Golisciano
Message 35 of 261

Hi,

same problem, autocad 2013, error 400, student license ! 

Can you help me ? 🙂

Krzysztof

Message 36 of 261
philip.s
in reply to: ligosio15

Hello Krzysztof,

Error 400's typically require a manually generated activation code to resolve the issue. Can you send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code.

Please note that for future assistance you can also contact our Registration and Activation group directly for troubleshooting assistance.

Message 37 of 261
cedric.thomas

why isnt there options to email or why isnt there a number you can call this is the dumbest thing i've ever experienced your customer service is a discussion board really? and this is the service people pay money for? this is what we go to school and study to supposr the use of a program that is made by people that have no considration for other people's time even though they may so much money from the individuals that use their services. there must be another program these schools can use that comes with a better supporting cast, because this is rediculous

Message 38 of 261
philip.s
in reply to: cedric.thomas

Hi Cedric,

We actually have multiple customer support options that cover numerous avenues (details below). The free Discussion Forums are a community based platform where peer to peer support is the driving factor, however we also monitor and reply on various boards, especially for these license / account specific inquiries that a community member would not be able to assist with. 

In regards to the support options, as a member of the Education Community you are entitled to support via this web form. Our Registration and Activation team can also be reached via this web form or through the following phone #'s.

Americas: (800) 551-1490

Europe / Middle East / Africa: 41.32.723.9595

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688

We offer 24X5 support on Twitter @AutodeskCare, and our main Customer Support group can be reached via live chat or webform by progressing through the various levels of the relevant Contact Us page.

Is there anything that we can help you out with here and now?

Message 39 of 261
alexpavl1

I had the same problem with educational license so I decided to unistall the product and reinstall it. After reinstallation it doesn't start and I can't do my job and when I start License Transfer Utility I cannot sign in because of an error 400. The exact message is: Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems. Could you please help me?

Message 40 of 261
philip.s
in reply to: alexpavl1

I can help out with that Alexandros!

As your AutoCAD license was never activated or exported, the LTU would be useless in this case as there's nothing to import back into your machine.

When you say the program doesn't start, does it crash or error out? Are you able to get into the activation screen? If so can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code.

If not, then I would recommend performing a clean uninstall and starting over.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report