Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Subassembly Composer and Civil 3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
515 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Subassembly Composer and Civil 3D

I am working in Civil 3D 2011. All of the required updates and service packs have been installed. I also had Autodesk Vault 2011 installed prior to downloading the SAC. Once I realized the SAC installer would not work with Vault, I uninstalled that program as well. I then attempted to install the SAC, which did appear to install on my machine. However, when I attempted to open Civil 3D after the installation, it would shut down before completely opening. I tried to repair and reinstall Civil 3D with no luck. It wasn't until I uninstalled the SAC that I was able to open Civil 3D. At this point, I am operating under those circumstances, without the SAC being installed. Does anybody know how I can get the SAC on my machine and operational with Civil 3D? Or, why the two do not seem to be working together? Also, I guess I should mention that I am using a 64-bit OS and that all installations were performed using that software requirement. I would really appreciate any help provided, because I really have a need for the Subassembly Composer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send us a screen capture of the problem? I will follow up with Civil & Vault team.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Unfortunately, no.  I have already uninstalled the SAC, simply because I have to work in Civil 3D.  However, even if I reinstall it, I doubt I would be able to obtain a screen capture.  The problem was simply when I tried to open Civil 3D, it would start the boot up process, get to a certain point, then just close the screen.  There were no error messages or dialog boxes; the program would just close during startup.  Like I stated in my original post, we tried several things to remedy the situation, but Civil3D would not open until I uninstalled the SAC.  One other thing I did not mention is that when I got C3D working again the screen looked crazy and the refresh rate was really slow when I was just moving the cursor.  I had to use the 3DCONFIG command to reset the hardware accelertion.  Crazy...

Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the detailed info. I am going to follow up with the Civil team.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: david.lau

I have consulted the Civil team and they suggested the following:

"I know that SAC required .NET 4.0 so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it if they removed SAC (will that somehow corrupt install of C3d). I would definitely try one of the two things: repair/reinstall or resetting user settings."

Reset User Settings can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report