Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Inventor 2008

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
D.Gould
379 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with Inventor 2008

Hi,

I've suffered an issue with Inventor 2008 that has completely stopped me being able to use the software.  I use it for my business and have been using it perfectly fine since I installed it back in 2008.  It was working perfectly yesterday when I shut down for the night, but this morning it will not open up at all!

When I click on the Inventor shortcut, the Inventor 2008 image comes up on the screen as normal, with an image of a model of an escalator, as normal.  However, this then disappears and the program never opens.  I looked in the task manager to see if there was any Inventor prcocess running, and nothing.  I tried shutting down and starting up again, but still the same problem continued.  So I've tried to "repair" the program on the "add/remove/repair programs" on the Windows control panel, during which process I was asked for the Inventor 2008 Disc 1, which I promptly put in, but in a particularly annoying coincidence, my disc drive doesn't seem to want to read discs anymore.  The only further information I know is that the reason it needed the disc was for a file called "inventor.msi".

I'm not sure what else to try now, so any ideas on what may have caused the issue and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Dan.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: D.Gould

D.Gould - Have you tried loading the disc on another computer / copying the contents onto an external hard drive or USB stick and then inserting into your computer?

Message 3 of 3
D.Gould
in reply to: philip.s

This actually worked very well!

Tried it this morning and I am now back up and running, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report